By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the cheapest game (physical media) you ever bought?

Saving money

Is cool 33 91.67%

I hate it. 3 8.33%

Total:36

I bought some PS3 Playstation Move Game called TV Superstars from Best Buy for $1.99. Brand new too. I'm guessing it wasn't selling well.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

I managed to snag Bloodborne for 5 Dollars.

Star wars rogue squadron 2 for $2 at GameStop and a new copy of max Payne for $1.50 at best buy

I think the cheapest game I bought was Magic Carpet used on the PS1 for about 2 dollars. I loved that game, and for that price I couldn't say no.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Dont really know, i bought many games for ~4€ online or in various stores, used of course.

When it comes to new/sealed: In 2014 a major retailer called Saturn they still had Lumines brand new for PS2 lying around, i got it for 5€ before they completely got rid of their PS2 stuff in bargain bins.

Around the Network

Legally?Around 7 euros for Metal Gear Revengence.Now illegaly, around 4 dollars for a pirated PS2 game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I don't remember. I got Gravity Rush Remastered for $9 when it came out though.

1 pound for Fifa 2010

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Brand new the cheapest game I ever bought was NBA Street on the GC for $2.54, which is what it rang up for at the register at target (list price at the time was $19.99).

The cheapest used games I ever got were some NES games at my local Cash Converters for $0.99 each. Stuff like MLB Baseball and Ice Hockey, and most other common games.

You used to be able to get even PS1 / N64 games there for dirt cheap like $2-$5 each, but nowadays the value of classic games has increased, especially with the rise of eBay and online price appraisal sites that instantly show the demand for any game and what its current going price is. For example I bought a brand new, sealed copy of Worms Armageddon on N64 back in 2002 during the GC/PS2 era for $20, and nowadays the game LOOSE goes for over $200 regularly, and complete in box (which I have) can go for as high as $500.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I've bought older games for $0.50 before.