By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crowd is completely blown away by the 4K HDR graphics of the PS4 Pro

Angelv577 said:
It is useless for me because I don't plan to invest in a hdr tv anytime soon.

I would wait for the tests, the Xbox One S for example is able to improve frameraes in many games even if its just 2 or 3 frames as it has a higher clock rate. Now imagine having the Pro which is 3 times more powerfull than the Xbox One S runing current games?

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
kowenicki said:

it would cost me $400, but it isnt going to cost you that is it...

...and explode like an implosion?

Yeah good point.  I'm selling my ps4 for $200. So it only costs me another $200.

Wait....didn't you pay $400 for your regular PS4? So that's $600 geesh....Still less than $800 but I can see myself selling my OG PS4....I will keep both lol. Besides I probably won't be getting a PS4pro until sometime next year AFTER the scorpio releases and I will get my 4k TV around that time as well.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah good point.  I'm selling my ps4 for $200. So it only costs me another $200.

Wait....didn't you pay $400 for your regular PS4? So that's $600 geesh....Still less than $800 but I can see myself selling my OG PS4....I will keep both lol. Besides I probably won't be getting a PS4pro until sometime next year AFTER the scorpio releases and I will get my 4k TV around that time as well.

Yeah but I'll have been playing that original ps4 for 3 years.  

TheBlackNaruto said:
Kerotan said:

Ha ha ha wtf?

400-200+X=400

200+X=400

X=400-200

X=600?

Ha ha ha

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

JRPGfan said:

Too bad I dont own a 4k monitor, with HDR.
And that youtube doesnt enable HDR in videos, and that this one was shot in 1080p only.

So basically all I can take away from it is the sounds the reporters make.
Alot of "ooooouhhhh" and "ahhhhhhh"'s.

It does sound like they are impressed by whatever theyre seeing that we dont though.

Ha, exactly how I feel. I'm still looking forward to the Pro, though, mainly because I think supersampling is going to do my 1080p digital projector some favors. I doubt I'll be able to see the full effects for quite some time, though, as it will take a long time for this grad student to buy an HDR-compatible 4k TV. 

Around the Network

Wish could see it for myself.

FATALITY said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Ha ha ha wtf?

400-200+X=400

200+X=400

X=400-200

X=600?

Ha ha ha

You have to ignore my match lol. I was posting so fast I just ignored all logic lol

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

yvanjean said:
Too bad I just bought a new 1080p TV two years ago. It means nothing until you have a 4K TV at home.

Then again Sony is probably downplaying the benefits of PS4 Pro on 1080p TV, as to not alienate PS4 and PS4 Slim owners. We will know soon enough.

From watching many blu-rays I can say from experience that there is a big difference between movies shot at 6K or 65mm and those shot at 3K or 35mm, all downsampled to 1080p. The picture quality of The Revenant on standard blu-ray is amazing. Supersampling will do the same for games on 1080p.

4K in your living room sitting 10 plus feet away from your TV is useless unless your screen size is over 80 inches. But HDR is awsome allowing your eyes to see so many more colors and shades of black. I'm not planning to upgrade to the PS4 Pro for the living room experience but for the improved PSVR experience. But I haven't owned the OG PS4 for even a year yet so the Pro upgrade will probably be the end of next year. Plus I will see by then the side by side comparison between Pro and Scorpio.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

Mafioso said:
Wait until you see native 4K at this price.

Why? They're impressed by HDR, not the resolution.