By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crowd is completely blown away by the 4K HDR graphics of the PS4 Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7PHjY-a_6w

Around the Network

Man for $400 what we're getting is insane. the hype is too much. I might just explode like a thermal imploder from star wars battlefront. Ps4 pro is going to be my ultimate gaming machine. day fucking 1!!!

Too bad I dont own a 4k monitor, with HDR.
And that youtube doesnt enable HDR in videos, and that this one was shot in 1080p only.

So basically all I can take away from it is the sounds the reporters make.
Alot of "ooooouhhhh" and "ahhhhhhh"'s.

It does sound like they are impressed by whatever theyre seeing that we dont though.

Wait until you see native 4K at this price.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Mafioso said:

And watch their precious heads explode... 

Around the Network
Mafioso said:

Scorpio probably wont do native 4k either... and thats 12months or more away, and will probably cost 449$-499$.

Also it wont have Horizon Zero Dawn.

JRPGfan said:
Mafioso said:

Scorpio probably wont do native 4k either... and thats 12months or more away, and will probably cost 449$-499$.

Also it wont have Horizon Zero Dawn.

Native 4k is confirmed. As is the very likely pricing of $400... 

Embedded systems drop in price monthly... 

Finally, we will have Fallout 4 VR... 

Kerotan said:
Man for $400 what we're getting is insane. the hype is too much. I might just explode like a thermal imploder from star wars battlefront. Ps4 pro is going to be my ultimate gaming machine. day fucking 1!!!

Except the reality is, to get this sort of performance and visuals, it's not going to cost $400/£350 for 90% of gamers,. Most of them don't have a capable TV. Sadly and unfortunately it's the reason I've decided no longer to get one. I have a Samsung 55inch full HD tv but it isn't 4K or HDR so it's completely pointless get a PS4 pro. And there's no way I'm spend £350/$400 on a console to have to spend another £600/$700 on a new TV

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Mafioso said:

Call me delusional, but I'm going to say the general public (myself included) is not going to be as impressed going from 1080p>FauxK>4k native as they were going from SD to HD. I'll further add that HDR will be more of a draw for those that have a display to support it than 4k is. And my last bold prediction, using side by side comparisons of a 1080p/ 1080p HDR/ 4k and 4kHDR..... everyone will be more impressed with whatever has got HDR than native 4k.

I think there are a lot that has spent so much time using resolution and effective framerates as a way to measure the power of devices or quality of IQ (since we can't be counting polygons anymore) that they have become out of touch with the real world. 4k is just resolution. Better put, clarity. The more pixels you can squeeze into a space, the harder it is to notice the gaps between pixels. The cleaner the overall image will be. Simple as that. 

Now anyone that takes the time to think about that will at the very least admit that the more pixels being rendered, the harder it will be to tell the difference between resolutions. Take a 4k smartphone and a 1440p smartphone at the same size. It's impossible to tell the difference in resolution. The same applies with TVs.

Hence I find it funny when I read people talk about the PS4pro's faux4k (which in truth has it rendering more native pixels than 1440p) as if the IQ difference between it and native 4k is like night and day. Ah well, I guess we have to quibble about something don't we?

Too bad I just bought a new 1080p TV two years ago. It means nothing until you have a 4K TV at home.

Then again Sony is probably downplaying the benefits of PS4 Pro on 1080p TV, as to not alienate PS4 and PS4 Slim owners. We will know soon enough.