By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The fpa genre needs to expand.

Wouldn't the Thief games (I love'em!) also be considered First Person Adventure games? :)

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network
vanguardian1 said:
Wouldn't the Thief games (I love'em!) also be considered First Person Adventure games? :)

Um idk , but there are many fpas on pcs , but I meant fps' specifically. 

this is seriously the biggest genre in need of expansion..

just finished MP3 today (borrowed if off a friend) and all i can say is that it leaves me wanting some more sweet FPA action.

^ I know. The prime series was sooooo good I need something to replace it.

Ah, I missed your definition chart, sorry. >.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

I actually didnt like MP in 3d. I was hoping it was FPS when I first bought the Gamecubes first game. But felt dissapointed. Sorry guys. I know I'm minority. :)

selnor said:
I actually didnt like MP in 3d. I was hoping it was FPS when I first bought the Gamecubes first game. But felt dissapointed. Sorry guys. I know I'm minority. :)

It's alright. I always thought the 2d ones were better except fusion, but I also liked the 3d ones too. 

Deus Ex was a pretty amazing FPA... Hopefully the third one turns out to be as good as the first.

Yes its certainly in need of expanding, I hope some more FPA games come along soon.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Have you heard of Mirror's Edge? It is FP "free running game" type thing, where you have to be a courier, running over the roof tops of skyscrapers. I have not seen much of it, but it is an interesting concept