By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict How long will NX keep its 9th Gen lead over PS5/XBTwo??

vivster said:
Better question: How long will console people cling to the outmoded idea of generations?

Yep it's time for grouping into generations to stop, at least with Nintendo. The NX will launch almost 3 years before the ps5 most likely, it's ludicrous to count them in the same 'generation'.

If you want to compare different products do it by aligned launch sales.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
vivster said:
Better question: How long will console people cling to the outmoded idea of generations?

Yep it's time for grouping into generations to stop, at least with Nintendo. The NX will launch almost 3 years before the ps5 most likely, it's ludicrous to count them in the same 'generation'.

If you want to compare different products do it by aligned launch sales.

I can't wait for people refusing to accept the Scorpio as Gen 9 even though it launched after NX and is significantly more advanced.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

The thing is, regardless of what anyone says, I still see the Scorpio as a next gen console. It is almost 5 times more powerful than the One and it will have exclusive games and accessories that the One won't have. There will be E3 segments that will include things One owners won't be able to play since they won't have the hardware for it.

For me the question is how long Nintendo will be able to keep the lead before the Scorpio launches. Sony will have the current gen all to themselves with only the One S to contend with.

Fei-Hung said:
The thing is, regardless of what anyone says, I still see the Scorpio as a next gen console. It is almost 5 times more powerful than the One and it will have exclusive games and accessories that the One won't have. There will be E3 segments that will include things One owners won't be able to play since they won't have the hardware for it.

For me the question is how long Nintendo will be able to keep the lead before the Scorpio launches. Sony will have the current gen all to themselves with only the One S to contend with.

Do you have a source for MS saying that Scorpio will have exclusives over X1?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Fei-Hung said:

Do you have a source for MS saying that Scorpio will have exclusives over X1?

Everyone does. How do you think people will play VR games, apps etc on an Xbox One and One S? Unless you are telling me that:

A) Xone and One S will get VR support and there is a source;

B) the Scorpio won't get VR support via games, apps etc. 

Around the Network
zero129 said:
vivster said:

I can't wait for people refusing to accept the Scorpio as Gen 9 even though it launched after NX and is significantly more advanced.

Scorpio could very well be Gen9 for all we know.

Nintendo and MS could be first out the gate for Gen9 with Sony holding out for the PS5.

If the Scorpios games also work on the XB1 and XB1S, then its not a 9th gen system.

zero129 said:
KLXVER said:

If the Scorpios games also work on the XB1 and XB1S, then its not a 9th gen system.

What if it has exclusives that cant be played on XB1? and what if MS calls it XBTwo?

Then they have changed their minds and its not the Scorpio they promised us anymore.

What was the first gen?

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

KLXVER said:
zero129 said:

Scorpio could very well be Gen9 for all we know.

Nintendo and MS could be first out the gate for Gen9 with Sony holding out for the PS5.

So no compatibility between systems is requirement for a new gen now?

Lrdfancypants said:
What was the first gen?

You mean the first ever gen of consoles? That would be the likes of the Pong machines and such.