By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict How long will NX keep its 9th Gen lead over PS5/XBTwo??

KLXVER said:
Azuren said:

No, I said they are part of generations.

Game & Watch, Microvision, Select-a-Game, Adventure Vision, And Epoch Game Pocket.

Again thats just us gamers giving meaning to what era a handheld is released in. The Gameboy was a part of gen 3, 4 and 5 if we go by that.

Gameboy was 4th Gen. Feel free to look it up, though you've essentially laid the ground work in your argument to do the debate equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and singing.

Maybe next time you want to argue something, you could do research instead of trusting your gut.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
KLXVER said:

Again thats just us gamers giving meaning to what era a handheld is released in. The Gameboy was a part of gen 3, 4 and 5 if we go by that.

Gameboy was 4th Gen. Feel free to look it up, though you've essentially laid the ground work in your argument to do the debate equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and singing.

Maybe next time you want to argue something, you could do research instead of trusting your gut.

It was part of 4th gen consoles. Its not the 4th handheld generation.

KLXVER said:
Azuren said:

Because there is not a widely agreed upon "handheld generation". You're arguing in circles.

Azuren said:
KLXVER said:

Because there is not a widely agreed upon "handheld generation". You're arguing in circles.

No, the fact that there is no gen 1 and 3 of handhelds should tell you something.

A lot of people here are confusing power with generations. They are not related. WiiU is gen 8, NX is gen 9. FACT

PS4 Pro and Scorpio are gen 8.5. They will have no new games and bring nothing new to the table that PS4 and X1 players cannot already play. The NX will have its own exclusive library that you can play no where else, making it a new generation of Nintendo hardware.

As for my prediction, I will wait until they actually tell us what it is. Again there are a lot of assumptions going on here.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Azuren said:

No, the fact that there is no gen 1 and 3 of handhelds should tell you something.

No, that fact that you're a minority in this thought process should tell you something. There's a reason Wikipedia classifies handhelds in the same generation of home consoles; because that's what the majority has agreed upon.

Azuren said:
KLXVER said:

No, that fact that you're a minority in this thought process should tell you something. There's a reason Wikipedia classifies handhelds in the same generation of home consoles; because that's what the majority has agreed upon.

No, the fact that handhelds are classified according to console gens should tell us all something. We could do that with everything. The crap I took today is a part of the 8th gen.

KLXVER said:
Azuren said:

No, the fact that handhelds are classified according to console gens should tell us all something. We could do that with everything. The crap I took today is a part of the 8th gen.

What are you even talking about? Handheld consoles are consoles, dude.

Azuren said:
KLXVER said:

There are alot of different consoles. The definition is its "a central control panel for a mechanical, electrical, or electronic system." We could add mobile phones as part of console generations as well. The fact is that its the Home Consoles that dictates the gen. Everything else released around it are just recognized as a part of it since they dont have gens of their own.

KLXVER said:
Azuren said:

There are alot of different consoles. The definition is its "a central control panel for a mechanical, electrical, or electronic system." We could add mobile phones as part of console generations as well. The fact is that its the Home Consoles that dictates the gen. Everything else released around it are just recognized as a part of it since they dont have gens of their own.

"an electronic system that connects to a display (as a television set) and is used primarily to play video games"

Cell phones are not primarily used to play games.

Handheld and Home consoles share their generations, and so far all you've really done is essentially say "nuh uh".