By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: NX will have VR

Well?

Nintendo - Doing VR since 1995 38 32.76%

Nah! 78 67.24%

Total:116

I hope not. I'd preffer they focused on the console/hybrid aspect, instead of wasting resources on the VR headset. Make your console a success, then you add the add-ons.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
vivster said:
It will come with the WiiStrap so you can strap your WiiPad to your WiiHead.

So basically like Gear VR? plus WiiMotes?

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

People seem to be make predictions just to make predictions these days...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I have the Samsung Gear VR. You don't need a home console to do good VR. But the S7 phone has a quad HD Amoled display. The NX has a rumored 720p display. With two magnification lenses on a 720p display it will look horrible. EVE: Gunjack on the Gear VR blows my mind that it's running on my phone. It's that good.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

I hope not. I think VR is a silly gimmick that will flash out just as 3D gaming has.

Around the Network

I hope so!!!
Anything that will strengthen the idea that is VR is good.

And you can always trust that Nintendo will do something of substance and innovative when they do something.

TheLastStarFighter said:
I personally hate VR, but it looks like NX may support it.

Why do you hate it? Could you explain? And have you tried it?

superchunk said:
I hope not. I think VR is a silly gimmick that will flash out just as 3D gaming has.

A gimmick? How can this be? You are a smart level-headed guy, a bit boastful lol but pretty knowledgable. But here you seem misinformed.

How can you say it's a gimmick when it's clearly the future?

Explain how you fink please.

The NX is rumored to be less powerful than the Xbox One. Good luck with VR with a console this weak. Or the false VR like with the Google Cardboard but with the NX tablet, but in that case I hope they'll kill this before it release (people still need to be convinced by VR, a big and bad VR product could be terrible for this new market).

Or do you believe they will offer a PS4, a PS Vita and a PSVR in one bundle priced cheaply? (home console + handheld + VR.... And coffee maker with this? ^^)

Faelco said:

The NX is rumored to be less powerful than the Xbox One. Good luck with VR with a console this weak. Or the false VR like with the Google Cardboard but with the NX tablet, but in that case I hope they'll kill this before it release (people still need to be convinced by VR, a big and bad VR product could be terrible for this new market).

Or do you believe they will offer a PS4, a PS Vita and a PSVR in one bundle priced cheaply? (home console + handheld + VR.... And coffee maker with this? ^^)

Depends...do you consider $450 cheap?

Slimebeast said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
I personally hate VR, but it looks like NX may support it.

Why do you hate it? Could you explain? And have you tried it?

superchunk said:

A gimmick? How can this be? You are a smart level-headed guy, a bit boastful lol but pretty knowledgable. But here you seem misinformed.

How can you say it's a gimmick when it's clearly the future?

Explain how you fink please.

Yes, I hate things on my head and screens close to my eyes.  And I like look out the window while I game.