By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Michel Ancel teasing Beyond Good & Evil 2 on Instagram?

BG&E did not sell very well at all but critics apparently liked it a lot.
PS2 - 33k
XB - 10k
GC - 7k
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=beyond+good&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

"From this day forth, Michel Ancel is no longer 'the creator of Rayman'. From now on, he is 'the genius that brought us Beyond Good & Evil' [...] Cast out amongst a slew of Christmas blockbusters, BG&E rises above them all and leaves an indelible impression."
Tom Bramwell of Eurogamer

Question: Is BG&E more associated with Gamecube and Nintendo than other platforms? If so - why?

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
irstupid said:

Without Nintendo, Bayonetta 2 would cease to exist. The franchise would have died at 1, and at that point it's not called a franchise.

And who is to say Bayonetta franchise is dead? I mean heck, they are just teasing the work of the Amiibo bayonetta, who's to say they also don't have something in the works for the NX?

But again, without Nintendo there woudl only be one Bayonetta. 

And it sounds like it could also be without Nintendo, there would only be one Beyond Good and Evil. But let's hate on Nintendo for the sake of it why don't we. 

Nothing about hating Nintendo and just being realistic.  They'd have a MUCH better shot at success releasing on multiple consoles, especially if the NX becomes the next Wii U.  The Bayonetta scenerio Nintendo fans love to tout always completely ignores the piss poor port the PS3 got.  Sales for that version probably would have been quite a bit better if it hadn't received such a poor port.  So, the devs really have themselves to blame for that.

Funny you mention that because everyone talks about how "third party games don't sell on Nintendo platforms" when exactly what you just said is what most of the time Nintendo gamers get. If they had made a better port it PROBABLY had sold better, well, same logic goes to every single port Nintendo platforms get.

Now, like others said, if it wasn't for Nintendo Bayonetta 2 wouldn't be a thing.

Ck1x said:
Qwark said:
This game has been teased for quite some time now, how about an actual teaser trailer. I believe a 3d platformer can do well on NX and possibly PS4 and Xone judging Ratchet and Clank is performance. So Ubisoft why not make that game, it would be something fresh. EA has some side projects so why can't ubisoft takes a risk once in a while.

So wait, does the gaming community consider Rachet and Clank a huge success on PS4, because that game I believe is struggling to reach a million units. Which most people here consider to be a big failure most of the time...  I never quite understand what people deem successful and a failure today in gaming, it seems like it always changes.

It isn't struggling it keeps on selling at a rate of at least 10-20k a week. It is the fastest selling entry in the series and is going to end up around 3 million. Besides VGCHARTZ doesn't count digital sales so it has sold more than a million units. Within its first 6 months that is decent enough for a 3d platformer that isn't called mario.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Ck1x said:

So wait, does the gaming community consider Rachet and Clank a huge success on PS4, because that game I believe is struggling to reach a million units. Which most people here consider to be a big failure most of the time...  I never quite understand what people deem successful and a failure today in gaming, it seems like it always changes.

It isn't struggling it keeps on selling at a rate of at least 10-20k a week. It is the fastest selling entry in the series and is going to end up around 3 million. Besides VGCHARTZ doesn't count digital sales so it has sold more than a million units. Within its first 6 months that is decent enough for a 3d platformer that isn't called mario.

This game will not go on to sell 3 million copies, Sony's games just don't have legs like that to keep selling... Sony's exclusive games failing to sell really isn't a point to debate because Sony has answered this for us already and it's why they continue to shut down studio's with underperforming games...  

Ck1x said:
Qwark said:

This game will not go on to sell 3 million copies, Sony's games just don't have legs like that to keep selling... Sony's exclusive games failing to sell really isn't a point to debate because Sony has answered this for us already and it's why they continue to shut down studio's with underperforming games...  

Which I'd pretty much not true this gen. Infamous, Bloodborne, Driveclub all sold above 2 million and are closing in on the three million mark. Even LBP 3 sold decently the remasters are also doing great and Uncharted will sell more than 5 million units in a year if we count digital (15% at least). Ratchet and Clank always had legs especially in Europe it is still in the top 20 and it isn't going to leave. That is just the dynamic of that series. Uncharted is also a game with good legs, as was GT. Microsoft on the other hand does seem to have trouble with selling exclusives lately.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
mountaindewslave said:
DélioPT said:
I can and i can't understand the hype behind this "teaser"...
The original game didn't even sell well in the first place. But if the game was THAT good then i can understood it having a cult following.

If this is made, will it really be worth the time and money?

Beyond Good & Evil was very well recieved and has had a growing following in the years that followed

So i have been told... in a previous page! :)

I'll try to see what this game is about - and why all the praise.

twintail said:
Chazore said:

I imagine it being just like Bayo 2 all over again

Bayo was not only more popular than BGE, but BGE actualyl released on a nintendo console.

So, jokes on you I guess. The 'meltdown' aint going to be that big. Even less so since this has been rumoured for a while now.

I was referring to the meltdown if the game was made exclusive to NX. Doesn't have to do with the previous game touching a Nintendo system, so no I don't believe the joke is on me .

People didn't think highly of Bayo 1 back last gen with the sales and general talk of the game itself with time. Suddenly Bayo 2 comes out as being exclusive to Wii U and the net lit up like a christmas tree.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

twintail said:

Bayo meltdown was in part because the original was never on the Wii in the first place, and then the 2nd became an exclusive.

BGE2 being exclusive doesn't have nearly the same effect because its even more niche than Bayo 1 and it was on on the GC. 

If anything the stronger sentiment from ppl is that they just want a sequel and will take it in any form (much like Shenmue) and less not wanting it to be an exclusive to anyone. 

It's still going to cause something of a stir. It's not something that's going to just be completely and utterly ignored, not even the net works that way.

I don't really believe everyone shares that same exact sentiment. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

twintail said:

I dont want to sound like I am not suggesting some stir will come of it. It will, I agree.

But it wont be near the Bayo 2 moment.

It's not going to create any memes, that's for sure. But it will cause a stir.

He just posted another concept art today: https://www.instagram.com/p/BK7ZwcYgNim/

I'm starting to feel conflicted about this game. I'm happy it seems to be back on track after a long time, but the change in artstyle really saddens me :(