By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I just bought CoD4.

sc94597 said:
kingofwale said:
>Take COD 4 online. Do not waste time with the single player campaign.

Giving my experience with Warhawk, I don't think I want to get my ass handed to me. so no thanks. :)

I agree. If you didn't play the campaign Rock then you are missing out. The best part is almost to the end, and is one of the best experiences I have had in an fps. The only problem I have with the campaign is that it is short. I beat this game in roughly 7hrs. The online only adds on to the experience , and if this game was lacking a single player, it wouldn't be as good as it is.

@ KoW this game is more easy on noobs than warhawk imo.

BTW way sc94597 did you complete COD 4 on the hardest difficulty mode?

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
sc94597 said:
kingofwale said:
>Take COD 4 online. Do not waste time with the single player campaign.

Giving my experience with Warhawk, I don't think I want to get my ass handed to me. so no thanks. :)

I agree. If you didn't play the campaign Rock then you are missing out. The best part is almost to the end, and is one of the best experiences I have had in an fps. The only problem I have with the campaign is that it is short. I beat this game in roughly 7hrs. The online only adds on to the experience , and if this game was lacking a single player, it wouldn't be as good as it is.

@ KoW this game is more easy on noobs than warhawk imo.

BTW way sc94597 did you complete COD 4 on the hardest difficulty mode?

I did it on the easiest on 360  first then hardest on pc. I was talking about the online though. Not the single player.

kingofwale said:
>OK start COD 4 on hardest difficulty on single player campaign.

hmmm, no thanks, I think I will start on EASIEST difficulties, You do realize I never really played a console FPS, right?

OK then start with normal mode. Easy mode is a joke too easy. 

dolemit3 said:
Expect to get pwned when on PSN before leveling up.

I duno... that one main gun you start with if pretty powerful on it's own.  M16.

Rock_on_2008 said:
kingofwale said:

hmmm, no thanks, I think I will start on EASIEST difficulties, You do realize I never really played a console FPS, right?

I don't think you understand, it's not the AI enemies I am worried about, it's the control scheme. If I can't aim, it doesn't matter what difficult I'm on, I will die.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
kingofwale said:

I don't think you understand, it's not the AI enemies I am worried about, it's the control scheme. If I can't aim, it doesn't matter what difficult I'm on, I will die.

The controls aren't too bad for a console game. I just felt a pc version would be superior, and it would get me half of my money back.  They are easy to get used too.

kingofwale said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
kingofwale said:

You should start on normal. CoD4 was my first FPS on a Playstation console and I died like 5 times on the first mission on easy, but after that, it was easy after learning the controls.

Simple about the aiming you have auto aim on

Eh, play on easy. The controls are better than any other console FPS i've played, except maybe MoH:H2 on the Wii but the Wiimote isn't that accurate. But there will be segments that are infinite spawns that are kinda annoying so it's more enjoyable to play on easy, imo. Then again, if you bought it then you might want to try the harder difficulties later because I'm told the game is truely great on those and then you'd know where the infinite spawns are.

As for the online, I played a lot of Warhawk and CoD4 online and I think CoD4 is much easier to get in to and be decent at. The levels are overhyped and you gain levels quickly anyway to get the few key abilities you need. It's a great single player and multiplayer game. Enjoy the experience.

COD 4 and any other FPS game works easiest on PC where aiming by using the mouse and keyboard is so much more accurate than the controller on any console. However minimum specs to run COD 4 are quite high AMD Athlon 64 2800 + or higher, 6600Gt Nvidia Geforce graphics card or higher, minimum of 1GB memory.