By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Presidential Debate: 0 minutes to go. LIVE!

Tagged games:

Are debates cool?

Yes, they are nice. 48 64.00%

No, they are terrible. 27 36.00%

Total:75

From ZeroHedge

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-27/hillary-vs-donald-so-who-won

Online polls say Trump won
CNN snapshot poll of 500 voters show Hillary won - 47% say debates will not affect their vote
Foreign exchange markets say that traders thought Hillary won.

----------------------------------------------------

My take: Hillary certainly shows that she is able to string a sentence together, but a lot of it came off as canned (as in, she's been rehearsing those exact lines for weeks, and there's no way she wrote them) - I think that feeling is why online polls show what they show.

Trump... there's no way you could accuse him of rehearsing anything. That's a positive spin on what happened. His answers were sometimes not even comprehendable. I couldn't judge whether he was answering the question or avoiding it, at times.

Hillary angered me when she linked tax cuts to the financial crisis. Being somewhat economically literate, I found her doing that to be misunderstood, at best - if not preying on the economic ignorance of most of the public. Trump isn't able to defend the markets, maybe he understands them, but he can't articulate that understanding to the public.

For me (a resident of the US, but not a citizen, so I cannot vote (unless I want to vote Democrat)), it's all about the economy. And Trump, in his mumbles, stumbled onto a few truths - about taxes and regulations crippling small businesses and preventing new ones from opening. Hillary either doesn't understand that, or doesn't care. Given her history with big donors, I'd err on the latter (big donors do better when small businesses struggle, less competition for them).

Hillary did give the better answer on racial relations, just because Trump was so awful. Law and order, and stop-and-frisk. He realises he has to give an oath to the constitution, right?

And both are absolutely terrible on gun rights. The second amendment extends to inner cities, and it extends to people put on terrorist lists without due process. NRA's endorsement of Trump, tells me more about the NRA, than it does about Trump.

Around the Network

I'm not American nor do I usualy watch US debates, imo these are mostly circuses, it's the same here in Quebec, Canada, a real circus... I spent the last year watching Trump insulting his way to the presidency (taken from Jeb Bush) so I'm quite familiar with his behavior. Thank god we don't have this kind of man running for president over here!

I didn't really follow Clinton's race though. I have watched some of Bernie Sanders speeches and thought the guy could to be President. Then all these things about Hilary, email fiasco, her bad health (parkinson, what?!?), her doubles etc. came to my knowing in the last month.

I have watched the debate and seriously Trump and Hilary are both unfit to be President. Everyone says Hilary won but frankly she didn't win anything, she kept avoiding questions with all sorts of pirouettes and attacking Trump over pointless stuff. She didn't seem to have a plan for anything, "we need to take care of ISIS" well no shit, how are you gonna do that? "We need to make the streets a safer place in the black community!" Of course now how are you gonna do that? "We need to create more jobs!" Good, what's the plan? "We need to stop the cyber attacks!" ... Does she even know what a cyber attack is?

Really she was bad... not to talk about how she looked stoned all the time... she can't run for President!

Trump talks a lot and he keeps tripping. He's insulting everyone and uses jokes that a President should never use (400lbs fat guy? Really?). He seems to have a financial plan but how exactly is he gonna make it? Problems around the world seem easy fix to him but he clearly doesn't seem to know shit. He's right on some points though. America needs to keep their industries, America needs to stop playing the world police, ISIS funds need to be cut (no really, they have weapons, tanks, missiles, trucks, gazoline, food and shelter... that costs money and it comes from somewhere...)... taking the oil... from who and to do what? You can't just go and take some country's oil! Ohh wait isn't that why we went at war in the 2000s?

Entertainment wise the debate delivered but I wouldn't say Hilary won even though Trump made a fool out of himself. I think Trump with his lying was more on point. Thank god I don't have to vote, how did these two ended up being the only choice?!?

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Apparently, there are a lot of online polls saying that Donald Trump won the debate. I don't get how anyone would think that when from my point of view, he didn't do well at all.

I have an idea how he leads some online polls.

Jazz2K said:

Entertainment wise the debate delivered but I wouldn't say Hilary won even though Trump made a fool out of himself. I think Trump with his lying was more on point. Thank god I don't have to vote, how did these two ended up being the only choice?!?

That is an amusing way to look at it.  Is the bar really that low for Trump?

Did either discuss their plans for the looming physicians shortage in the US? Every once in a while there is an article somewhere backed up with studied discussing how the USA don't have enough doctors.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
Did either discuss their plans for the looming physicians shortage in the US? Every once in a while there is an article somewhere backed up with studied discussing how the USA don't have enough doctors.

That is okay we don't need doctors once Obama finally implements the long awaited death panels or we could turn hospitals into a Redbox kiosk.  Go up to a screen click on symptom such as pain, insert money, and big pharma drugs come out of the machine.  No doctor needed.

sethnintendo said:
Jazz2K said:

That is an amusing way to look at it.  Is the bar really that low for Trump?

Yes I was laughing while writing that sentence... but yeah I meant his lying about his finances and how he got to fame is where he's spinning. But even with his behavior and bad wording he seemed to know how he would do things. That's where Hilary fell appart imo. She couldn't even tell how she would do the things she was bragging about... 

Hilary's temperament was better but she was spitting a lot of rhetoric, I zoned out when she spoke because her words often meant nothing. She also had to resort to calling Trump racist and sexist because sticking to policies doesn't appeal to idiots.

Trump came off very aggressive which turns off a lot of people and he went on tangents. I actually agree with a lot of things he said, but he lacked the polish of a career politician.

I might give the edge to Hilary for staying calm. But she was still weak.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Dunban67 said:
Areym said:

To be fair, most of us in the US don't trust any of these TV outlets, they are all biased. At the very least, they aren't FOX news bad.

I agree w you except CNN IS Fox news bad-    

Yep, CNN and MSNBC are more left wing than Fox News is right wing in my opinion. Fox News actually gives time to different views.

But you'd actually have to watch them to come to that conclusion, something few actually do.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

sethnintendo said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:
Apparently, there are a lot of online polls saying that Donald Trump won the debate. I don't get how anyone would think that when from my point of view, he didn't do well at all.

I have an idea how he leads some online polls.

Hey, don't drag cats into this.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3