NX + PS4pro + PSVR 15 7.81%

PS4 pro + PSVR 3 1.56%

PSVR 7 3.65%

NX 71 36.98%

None 32 16.67%

F*ck those weak consoles ... 15 7.81%

Total:192
shikamaru317 said:
I doubt PS4 Pro will have any effect on NX sadly. It would be nice if Nintendo had bumped up NX specs after PS4 Pro was leaked, but I doubt they did.

As for the poll question, eventually I plan to get PS4 Pro, Scorpio, and NX.

I think you are right. Nintendo simply don't give a fuck(this often has negative consequences) and march to the beat of their own drum. This is cool in that it often gives us unique experiences and innovations but it is also negative because they do not listen to what consumers want and do not take general progression into account. The Wii did not have a HDMI out port although it did have the capabilities to output in high-definition. The N64 used cartidges which restricted storage capacity severely. The Wii U doesn't support blu-ray playback even though it very easily could. The Gamecube used mini-DVD's which essentially gimped storage capacity once again.

Around the Network
vivster said:

Show me one person that has to decide between NX and PS4 pro and I show you a million that don't.

*thumbs up*

I think what will really make the difference is well, how different the NX can be from the PS4 and XBO as well as what the NX can offer. If it's something unique, interesting, and has something really great to offer, then I think the NX can coexist along side the other 2 competitors. If it's too similar to them, then that will really hurt the NX.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

None.

The NX is a tablet :)

I think the nx will be more interesting, you know... More personality. So the ps4 and xbox are not a problem

Around the Network
vivster said:

Show me one person that has to decide between NX and PS4 pro and I show you a million that don't.

Also there are 2 same options but no PC option? I call racism.

PC doesn't interfere with peasants besides you upgrade a PC, you don't buy one.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Hiku said:

I don't think Pro will affect NX much. The regular PS4's price point however will be a value reference. I think it would make it difficult for NX to launch at a higher price than $300.

A €350- price point seems not to be viable possibility anymore when compared to PS4 and PS4 pro. Especially if the NX is not more powerful than a vanilla PS4 when connected to its hub.

Qwark said:
vivster said:

Also there are 2 same options but no PC option? I call racism.

You could also say that peasants do not interfere with peasant peasants, rendering this thread useless.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Qwark said:

You could also say that peasants do not interfere with peasant peasants, rendering this thread useless.

But we switch from consoles every generation, that is what makes the console market so intresting. I know plenty of people who switched from one console to another. I know none who switched out pc gaming for console gaming or vice versa. I know a few who upgraded their pc though.

Right now, they're mostly a different audience.  The the lower priced PS4 and Xbox models will be more of a direct threat, especially if a bunch of people on the fence buy them rather than waiting on Nintendo.

Nintendo, unless they do something to change things, will have a few potential audience groups to start with: Nintendo fanatics, who will always buy the next Nintendo product; people who are new to gaming, including parents, who are looking for something simple, safe, or cheap; and possibly casuals who will be drawn in by an unorthodox gimmick/innovation.

The second group might opt for the cheaper PS4/Xbox if the new Nintendo isn't cheap or they don't do a great job selling it with compelling advertising.  Group three might flock to Nintendo if they pull off something trendy or they might stick to poking at their iPhones.  Impossible to say at this point.

Mar1217 said:
NX all the way. I'm here to play Nintendo exclusive games, that's it. I'm not here to try geezing at my screen 'cause it would output a 4k resolution.

The games should come first, not the other way around.

The games coming first on the other systems is why the Wii U got hammered.  Consumers voted overwhelmingly for a large and varied amount of content unbound from the influence of an expensive gimmick.  Xbox adapted, Nintendo did not, which is why they had to hit the reset button early.