By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Geoff Keighley and YouTube Gaming stars to do weekly live talk show

Above: Geoff Keighley, host of Live with YouTube Gaming.

Image Credit: YouTube Gaming

Game media personality Geoff Keighley is launching a new weekly live talk show with YouTube Gaming to celebrate gaming culture.

Live with YouTube Gaming premieres on September 29 as a joint production of Keighley, host of The Game Awards and YouTube Live at E3, and YouTube’s own top gaming video creators. The show suggests there’s lots of money to be made not only making games, but making videos about games as well.

Keighley will host an hour-long show that will air live on YouTube Gaming and other top creator channels. Featured YouTubers in season one include MatPat (The Game Theorist), iHasCupQuake, iJustine, Nadeshot, AngryJoeShow, and UnboxTherapy.

The show will also feature breaking news, exclusive first-looks at upcoming video games, live “Let’s Plays” and competitions, updates on the world of eSports, sneak previews of upcoming creator content, as well as game-inspired musical performances from some of the today’s biggest names in the music industry. The premiere episode will feature an exclusive new look the Titanfall 2 single player campaign from Respawn Entertainment.

Above: Live With YouTube Gaming

Image Credit: YouTube

“‘Live with YouTube Gaming’ is an incredible opportunity to invent a new kind of live show that will serve as a discovery engine for what’s new and next on gaming,” said Geoff Keighley, president of GameSlice, in a statement. “YouTube is the perfect place to do a show like this because we can reach gaming fans and interact with a global audience in real time.”

Live with YouTube Gaming will be available on YouTube’s gaming app and website, as well as top creator channels. YouTube Gaming creators will be active participants and producers, contributing weekly content that will also be available as video-on-demand clips on their respective channels.

The program will anchor YouTube’s “Primetime with YouTube Gaming,” a new platform for gamers to come together on weekdays and watch, chat, and interact with top creators about their favorite games on YouTube Gaming for eight weeks.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/09/22/geoff-keighley-and-youtube-gaming-stars-to-do-weekly-live-talk-show/

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Or I'll just continue to watch the Cooptional Podcast.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

First, who?

Much of why gaming magazines and gaming TV programmes are on the way out is because you can get all your gaming news and information as soon as you want it, when you want it, on the interwebs. You don't have to wait around and many youtubers who create good work aren't doing the crappy news stuff but more themes and interesting content or their opinions. Maybe this will succeed but who knows, I doubt it, many youtubers are more concerned with their egos and making money than actual content.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
First, who?

Much of why gaming magazines and gaming TV programmes are on the way out is because you can get all your gaming news and information as soon as you want it, when you want it, on the interwebs. You don't have to wait around and many youtubers who create good work aren't doing the crappy news stuff but more themes and interesting content or their opinions. Maybe this will succeed but who knows, I doubt it, many youtubers are more concerned with their egos and making money than actual content.

I think thats why it will concentrate more on exclusive first looks(exclusive being the key here) and discussion about gaming topics.In another words, it will be more about the 'show' than the content itself, thus giving it a chance to succeed.But it will depend if it is free or paid, the live show.If it is paid, I have a hard time seeing this as a successful venture.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:

I think thats why it will concentrate more on exclusive first looks(exclusive being the key here) and discussion about gaming topics.In another words, it will be more about the 'show' than the content itself, thus giving it a chance to succeed.But it will depend if it is free or paid, the live show.If it is paid, I have a hard time seeing this as a successful venture.

Understandable. And agreed, if it's on Red, it'll fail. Considering that exclusive content will no doubt be leaked like 5 minutes after and put on 50 other channels.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
First, who?

Something like this has way more potential than you are giving ir credit for and right off the top of my head i can think of a number of reasons/ways this would be a running success.

• yes you can get your info when you want it but all this show needs to do to gather a following is give access to behind closed doors information of games. 
  • have a weekly rotation of well known and respected people to talk about certain gaming stuff with proper well informed stories and takes on what's already out there. 
  • give developers an opportunity to effectively control and manage game reveals with something a lot better than just a trailer or having everyone wait till some big show to see playthroughs of their games.
  • exclusive world reveals or trailers.
  • a medium for devs/pubs to convey information about issues gamers may have with certain products, directly and not just some press release....
the things got potential. 

Well you watch mostly for the people, that's why I am patreon supporter of Easy allies ex gametrailers crew.

vivster said:
Or I'll just continue to watch the Cooptional Podcast.

Yeah, thats my fav

Geoff Keighley is an asshole and he's always only catering to the big publishers, but I gotta admit he's damn charismatic and pleasant to watch.

Featured YouTubers in season one include MatPat (The Game Theorist), iHasCupQuake, iJustine, Nadeshot, AngryJoeShow, and UnboxTherapy.

Ugh, laaameee.
Sucks too because I would watch it if the personalities weren't so bad. I dont mind Keighly and Bosman happens to be working on this too (I assume behind the scenes). Guess its all about that sub counter though and how many more viewers you can bring in.