By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What Will SSBB's Sale Look Like This Week?

I am thinking that its drop will be very minor. Why? Because SSBB is a casual game that happens to have a Massive core following. I think a similiar game to this would be Pokemon, maybe GTA. The reason we saw such a HUGE drop is because Nintendo sent enough supply, so everyone who wanted Brawl day one got it(unlike in Japan where it was sold out for about 10 days, which is why the drop was less significant there). Now, the word of mouth is trickling through(I have never heard bad word of mouth from anyone where I go to college.. even my PS3 fanboy friend comes to my dorm room to play Brawl everyday) and Nintendo appears to be shipping more Wii's.

I also expect a little phenomena to kick in sooner or later(by May, brawl give alot of play time)... I we are going to see suddenly elevated sales level for the Wii quality traditional games(TP, MP3, SMG, RE4, UC). The people who are picking up Wii as we speak are going to desire games they can play on their Wii when no one is around to play Brawl with.... but this is an asside back on topic.....

Opening week was 1.45-1.60, Second week was 350-430k, I am thinking we will see it fall to about 250-300k... Could be as high as 325k if Nintendo stuff casual channels. Which is a very small drop considering how high it started.

I am now ready to be flamed next tuesday night if(slight chance) Brawl sells 225k and all the PS360 fanboy have their moment....

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network

I would say 260k-305k, if they stuffed the channels perhaps 325k. It would be awesome to get another week of 300k+ sales. Brawl deserves it.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

It will around 190k

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

150k-250k. If it dips below 200k so soon, I'm a sad panda.

EDIT: talking about Americas sales only.

@psrock - I presume you mean US only, I really don't see it going below 200k for another couple of weeks.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network

I was talking Na in case n e one was confused...

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

I'll say 200k next week. And to your comment about "Nintendo appears to be shipping more Wiis". Last week's 200k hardware numbers are NOT a sign of whats to come. Like always, Nintendo somethings ships a significant number of consoles to a specific region. Sales are still governed by supply seeing as demand is still high. Considering supply comes at such different times (one week could be 200k, the next could be 50k), there is really no way to predict what next weeks hardware sales will be.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I think he is right about Nintendo shipping more Wiis... I think that they are going to make a spring push... Starting with Brawl and ending with WiiFit, I think Wii sales will averahe 175k a week from now until July when Nintendo will back off supply a bit(holiday stockpile, and console launches)

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:
I think he is right about Nintendo shipping more Wiis... I think that they are going to make a spring push... Starting with Brawl and ending with WiiFit, I think Wii sales will averahe 175k a week from now until July when Nintendo will back off supply a bit(holiday stockpile, and console launches)

I promise you 175k a week will not happen.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

what are you gonna promise me : )

last two weeks have averaged almost exactly 175k, I am pretty sure the number will be close to that... remember, Reggie said the Wii will pass the 360 by June, something drastic is going to happen in NA.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut