By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that benefit most from 60fps

Tagged games:

Fighters, shooters and some racers.

^ though all of the above can be playable at 30 fps without issue too.

Forza Horizon 3 is 30fps, and it runs really well like that.

(most pc's cant run it 60fps without stutters, so basically everyone runs it at 30fps)

Around the Network

Most games generally. Naturally, fighters and twitch shooters and anything first person benefit the most.
I don't think turned-based RPGs, visual novels, and adventures games are improved, but that's just me being snarky.
I do genuinely think Dark Souls is superior in 30 fps. 60 fps just makes them too easy. I purposefully cap my Souls games at 30 if I'm given the option.

FPS and Fighting games benefit the most. If you play counter strike and street fighter, you'll understand the emphasis on constant 60fps

I can't really think of games that don't benefit from 60fps...

Mummelmann said:

Probably almost all games do... however the question is always one of "is the extra performance used on fps worth the trade off in picture quality".

For shooters and fighters the answear is yes.

Most other games its a maybe, and usually a no.

Dont like it? you can always build a expensive gameing pc.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Mummelmann said:

Probably almost all games do... however the question is always one of "is the extra performance used on fps worth the trade off in picture quality".

For shooters and fighters the answear is yes.

Most other games its a maybe, and usually a no.

Dont like it? you can always build a expensive gameing pc.

Which is precisely what I did last year.

Combat is smooth and really flows well in God of War games at 60fps. You can see it in PS3 version of PS2 and PSP God of War games with run at a constant 60fps rather than 45 to 60fps they do on PS2 and PSP. Also God of War 3 Remastered on PS4 has the same improvements over the PS3 version.

In some games I prefer better image quality than better framerates as long as the framerate is alright in the first place.