By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - From Software working on three new games...

From Software working on three new games, one of which is a new Armored Core

One is expected, and the other is going to be weird.

From Software president Hidetaka Miyazaki shared new information on its upcoming lineup of games during an interview with IGN.  

“So there are several titles that we are currently working on,” Miyazaki told IGN. “Some of those are dark fantasy, some of those could be a mech [game] – that’s one thing. The second thing is that one of the new titles I’ve been working on will probably comply with the expectations from the fans in straightforward manner.”

When pressed if the mech game was an Armored Core title, Miyazaki bluntly replied, “Yeah, we’re already working on Armored Core.”

“The last thing is that another title will probably be a little bit weird. When we actually announce the title, probably fans will react with ‘oh, what the hell is this very weird game that Miyazaki has created?'”

Miyazaki continued: “So when I say weird, I mean that the genre we’re trying to try might be a little bit weird. Not only that, but all the other actual game content might be a little bit weird, yes.”

As for when these three titles will arrive, From Software says it still has “several obstacles to overcome” to launch the new games, and that “we’re not sure how many more years we need to build those,” but that it’s looking forward to making an announcement “in the future.”

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/software-working-three-new-games-one-new-armored-core

Around the Network

Well, I'm definitely getting that new Armored Core game.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Soon I can boast to have played 4 generations of AC :)

Hopefully the expected one is Bloodborne 2.

Man I am so hyped for the day when they will announce them! :D

Around the Network

All in for a new Armored Core...

Would be cool if the the one of the other games is Bloodborne 2. What would be cooler if they made a Berserk game - but thats not going to happen :/

I remembered Armored Core 2 being a PS2 launch game. That was a beautiful game back in the day.

hinch said:

Would be cool if the the one of the other games is Bloodborne 2. What would be cooler if they made a Berserk game - but thats not going to happen :/

You mean this...

...?

LivingMetal said:
hinch said:

You mean this...

...?

Eh? Not sure what that is.

Berserk (Japanese: ベルセルク Hepburn: Beruseruku ?) is a Japanese dark fantasy manga series written and illustrated by Kentaro Miura.

There is quite of bit of material and references in Souls games that were obviously influenced from that manga. They were pretty open about taking a liking to the series as well.

hinch said:
LivingMetal said:

You mean this...

...?

Eh? Not sure what that is.

Berserk (Japanese: ベルセルク Hepburn: Beruseruku ?) is a Japanese dark fantasy manga series written and illustrated by Kentaro Miura.

There is quite of bit of material and references in Souls games that were obviously influenced from that manga. They were pretty open about taking a liking to the series as well.

Ohhhhhh...  I was referring to this: