By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft-Developed Xbox Scorpio Games Will Run Natively at 4K

Intrinsic said:
Lol..... sony might as well announce a PS5 now for 2019 and everyday talk about how that machine will run every game natively in 4k@60fps.... and make donuts.

Cause outside some talking heads we know shit all about the scorpio yet they talk about it like it's coming next week.

MS are really taking attention away from the current Xbox One S by constantly promoting their next console/iteration that comes out in 14 months.. This is quite foolish considering the price the Scorpio will be will make it out of reach for alot of casual gamers...

Around the Network

I've stated this before as to why I feel Scorpio's power is irrelevant unless it's MS exclusive games as they'll be the only ones utilizing it. Since Sony has third party support, third party devs will continue to just focus on ensure their games work best for the PS4/PS4 pro over any othe system as they are the market leader, thus not putting extra time and budget to utilize the Scorpio's hardware. That's all it is to it.

Guitarguy said:
Intrinsic said:
Lol..... sony might as well announce a PS5 now for 2019 and everyday talk about how that machine will run every game natively in 4k@60fps.... and make donuts.

Cause outside some talking heads we know shit all about the scorpio yet they talk about it like it's coming next week.

MS are really taking attention away from the current Xbox One S by constantly promoting their next console/iteration that comes out in 14 months.. This is quite foolish considering the price the Scorpio will be will make it out of reach for alot of casual gamers...

What price will it be?

Hynad said:
Guitarguy said:

What price will it be?

$999US :P

In all seriousness I can see it being over $499US. But if it is cheaper, I will tip my hat to Microsoft but they did emphasize that it will be a premium product and 'very high end'. We shall see. Native 4K is not cheap any way you cut it.

I want to have a mix really.

Some games 4k / 30FPS
other more demanding titles somewhere in between 1080p and 4k / FPS
Some indies 4k / 60FPS

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Low frame rates are among the main reasons why I buy my games on PC rather than consoles, looks like they want to maintain tradition. I'll take solid frame rates over higher res any day of the week. I went 1440p on my rig for the sake of high fps rather than 4k with low to zero pp effects enabled.

Who exactly are they aiming this at? 4k TV's aren't even that common yet, and visual enthusiasts are usually rather picky, meaning that low fps could mean no sale, I know that's the case for me at least.

Guitarguy said:
Hynad said:

What price will it be?

In all seriousness I can see it being over $499US. But if it is cheaper, I will tip my hat to Microsoft but they did emphasize that it will be a premium product and 'very high end'. We shall see. Native 4K is not cheap any way you cut it.

Native 4K becomes less expensive every months.

And with consoles that drive the production and sales of 4K ready GPUs, prices will go down even faster.

Mummelmann said:
Low frame rates are among the main reasons why I buy my games on PC rather than consoles, looks like they want to maintain tradition. I'll take solid frame rates over higher res any day of the week. I went 1440p on my rig for the sake of high fps rather than 4k with low to zero pp effects enabled.

Who exactly are they aiming this at? 4k TV's aren't even that common yet, and visual enthusiasts are usually rather picky, meaning that low fps could mean no sale, I know that's the case for me at least.

I think both Sony and MS jumped the 4K gun. I only know two people who have 4K TVs and they are both low end 4K TVs with no HDR, low hertz etc. Seems the whole industry is pushing for 4K when the content is just not there yet. Alot of  broadcasts aren't even 1080P...

They said already that it's up to developers if they want to take advantage of Scorpio being able to play native 4K games. Of course every MS developed title will take advantage

Hynad said:
Guitarguy said:

Native 4K becomes less expensive every months.

And with consoles that drive the production and sales of 4K ready GPUs, prices will go down even faster.

You are right, but consoles contain alot of other components besides a GPU that inflate the price also. There is talk of the Scorpio possibly using ZEN CPUs instead of the current Jaguar(which apparently will be a big bottleneck) so there is that cost also as it is very new technology.

We shall see but if they release it under $499US I will be extremely surprised(and happy).