By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy VII Remake Release Date and News Update

I highly doubt that it will be released in early 2017 (the first part). If you actually look at the links provided in the articles, as well as the articles themselves, they are pretty old. The first link lists sources that date back to April of this year, as well as even last year.

Around the Network

To be honest, I think I'd rather just prefer a moderate upgrade to the graphics (like say to FFX level) and keep the game the same otherwise more or less.

I don't trust Square-Enix to "improve" the game by "updating" it with more modern mechanics and probably changing the story.

the interview is from June 2015, we need new info D:

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Nem said:
deskpro2k3 said:

nah man, it's just to show that FF7R is not episodic as some people fear it would be.

That is absolute nonsense. What is the difference between episodic and multi-part here? Is it not episodic if it only has 3 episodes? Might want to inform TV series of that.

The game is obviously episodic. Its the main game divided in 3 parts. Its not 3 different stories with some connecting threads.

telltale games is episodic, Telltale's "Batman" game is episodic.

Games like the FFXIII trilogy is not episodic, it is a multipart game, each game disc is full of 50-60 hours of content. Or do you think FFXIII is episodic too? Episodes are typically short games. Multi part however is normally three full games. A trilogy of full games if you like. You can't say a game like FF XIII is the same as a Walking Dead episode as that simply isn't true as one offers way more content.

Does this answer your question?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Kerotan said:
axumblade said:
What?! Early 2017? So many big releases for early next year. Guess I'll have to push back some other purchases cause I need this a.s.a.p

Well if they're aiming for early 2017, realistically it probably won't release until holiday 2017 :P

Literally how everyone should read this.

Holiday 2017 will be perfect. 

Around the Network
teigaga said:
Kerotan said:

Well if they're aiming for early 2017, realistically it probably won't release until holiday 2017 :P

Literally how everyone should read this.

Holiday 2017 will be perfect. 

2017 is also the 20th anniversary, so that makes sense.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
BasilZero said:

So likely

Part 1 - Midgar
Part 2 - Search for Sephiroth and black materia
Part 3 - Cloud recovering and final battle

I hope they fill in between the games in that case with new content - hopefully they'll add some stuff from Crisis Core and Before Crisis stories.

OR

it could be even something better.....

Part 1 - Final Fantasy VII

Part 2 - Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core and Before Crisis flashback

Part 3 - Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus

If it only had been like this, and I would have zero problems with it, but no, they will probably butcher the game like in the first option....

Oh well, not buying this game until it is complete.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

For SE would be better release it early 2017, if they want to release the 2 other parts on the actual console generation too...

Xxain said:
Part 1 - Midgar

Part 2 - Sephiroth search to Aerith death

Part 3 - to finish.

DUDE, SPOILER!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nem said:
deskpro2k3 said:

nah man, it's just to show that FF7R is not episodic as some people fear it would be.

That is absolute nonsense. What is the difference between episodic and multi-part here? Is it not episodic if it only has 3 episodes? Might want to inform TV series of that.

The game is obviously episodic. Its the main game divided in 3 parts. Its not 3 different stories with some connecting threads.

This. You can argue all you want about the length of those episodes making a difference, but in the end, you've split one story into 3. That's not to say I hate the way they've done it, cause I prefer this way if we can get the first Episode by holiday 2017, which is when I actually do expect it.