By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will There Be A PS5 Leak Around The Scorpio's Launch?

Will There Be A PS5 Leak Around The Scorpio's Launch?

NO! 118 50.86%

JUST BEFORE 33 14.22%

JUST AFTER 27 11.64%

MAYBE ... 31 13.36%

GOD ONLY KNOWS 23 9.91%

Total:232
LudicrousSpeed said:
Why not just leak the PS6 first.

MS have already talked about Scorpio 2. They've got that covered.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

If I'm Microsoft, Sony never has an extended period of time with more powerful hardware again. Ever. Period.

PS5 will be answered by a Scorpio 2 whenever Sony decides to bring it out. 

Being weaker just doesn't work for the XBox brand, it must be positioned in a superior hardware way. I think this is the big lesson MS learned this generation.

MS relies more on having the best multiplatform titles (which even the XBox 360 enjoyed in many cases), that's the core appeal of the brand, MS has never really relied on any 1st/2nd party stuff aside from Halo. If you don't have the best hardware, you won't have the best multiplatform titles. 

And then as Sony introduces PS5, Microsoft leaks XBox 8K.

I'm not saying Sony will officially announce the PS5, I'm saying there will be a controlled 'leak' just like there was with the Scorpio. The Neo wasn't a controlled leak and I'm sure it's simple to understand why.

The PS5 Exists. 

No no no no no.

And no.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

Nope, Sony will be shooting themselves in the foot if they did that.

Absolutely No.

I think a mistake a lot of people seem to be be making is that they think sony cares about the Scorpio. They don't, everyone seems to forget that sony were working on the PS4pro long before the scorpio was even announced and that the scorpio is actually more of a reactionary thing compared to the pro. I can bet my last dollar that everything MS said about power and performance was just them talking out of their ass at the time and that no real work had actually gone into the hardware at E3.

Sony is just gonna ride it out. They have too much of a lead already to worry about any kinda late gen comebacks from MS.

I expect the first we hear of the PS5 to be in 2019. And just as with the PS4, they will announce and release it in the same year.

I would quit gaming.

To a degree, I still don't feel like 8th gen has really proven itself outside of a few titles. This gen would be over way to soon.

If there is a reveal, it would be more like a PS4Pro2, with slightly more power than Scorpio, but still compatible with all PS4Pro games (and PS4 until it is phased out).

I don't understand while you think that announcing an upgraded PS4 means that PS5 is coming soon. You know, it's like when Sega announced the Saturn roughly a year before launching 32X. People felt like idiots because they bought what was meant to be the most modern Sega system.

PS4 Pro means, at least 3 more year in the gen. I would imagine 4. They also lauched PSVR right now. What's the logic behind launching a good bunch of hardware:
- PS4 Pro
- PS4 Slim
- PSVR
- New DS4
- Improved PS Move
- Improved PS Camera
- New Sharpshooter

And then making it look like crap a year before? Really, this is a VG website, people should know console history better. That's not a single occasion where doing something like that didn't made people go mad and usually Sony is normally the less inclined to do stupid things of the big 3 or at least they do less severe mistakes.