By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Character Development in gaming

My pick? Ezio, he's my favorite Assassin and one of my favorite characters in any medium. I'm Italian so that adds some emotion too.

I saw his first day...

and his final day

Always learning new things and adding new memories to his life.

His perfect final speech:

"When I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it. Many decades would pass before I understood the meaning of all three. And now, the twilight of my life, this understanding has passed into contentment. Love, liberty, and time: once so disposable, are the fuels that drive me forward. And love, most especially, mio caro. For you, our children, our brothers and sisters. And for the vast and wonderful world that gave us life, and keeps us guessing. Endless affection, mia Sofia. Forever yours, Ezio Auditore."

Who do you think has the best character development? Who's your pick and why?

Around the Network

Cloud Strife.

The most intriguing character for me is Samus.

This thing

Especially how there is almost no character development in Zelda games anyways

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
This thing

Especially how there is almost no character development in Zelda games anyways

Common bully who becomes kind and helps the hero at the end.

Never seen that ever. -___-

Around the Network

Squall Leonhart by a mile. He starts as someone who rejects any kind of bond with anyone. He's incredibly Cold, inexpressive and is not afraid of hurting the feelings of others with its words. And by the end of the game, while he hasn't completely changed all of that, he makes friends, he care about some people other than himself and he is capable of showing genuine love for Rinoa. And what's more important, he's not ashamed when he does that. Hell, he even smiles at the end of the game, somthing he rarely does...

This my man.

I'll take the fan-ish answer and pick Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney. Goes from being a rookie attorney who simply believes in doing what's right, to a disbarred pseudo vigilante who breaks the law to accomplish his goals, and then regains his badge and now operates somewhere inbetween. It's definitely been a treat to watch him go from the role of newbie to the mentor with his own understudies.

LeChuck of the Monkey Island games!

From a lovestruck human

to treasure hunter / adventurer / ship captain

to murderer of his own crew and the grandparents of his worshiped Elaine

to kidnapping ghost pirate captain

to disguised town sheriff

to torturing voodoo zombie pirate captain

to reincarnated demon pirate captain

to disguised polititian running for govenor

to ghost possessing/controlling a giant statue

to cursed zombie pirate captain

to charming uncursed human

to (almost) invincible pirate god

to mere voodoo essence after his physical and spiritual forms were destroyed.

Speaking of Ezio, I would like to finish Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag and move on to the next one but it has a fatal bug in a main quest mission and I can't get pass it.