By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game should I play next?

Tagged games:

Versus_Evil said:
Jak and daxter 2,

just dont bother with this one.

Jak 2 and the most infuriating game ive ever played, the only game i put down and never played again from the 6th gen and imo the worst sequel ever made..

Play Bioshock 2, coz its like one of the best games ever and unlike Jak 2 its one of the best sequels ever made.

What were the main issues with Jak 2? 

Btw you ever played: brothers a tale of two sons? 

Around the Network

Would you kindly play Bioshock?

onionberry said:

I already completed Bioshock very recently.  Also completed Bioshock infinite a while back when it was free with ps plus.  

Bioshock 2 the only one I've yet to play.  I take it you're a big fan? 

Kerotan said:
onionberry said:

I already completed Bioshock very recently.  Also completed Bioshock infinite a while back when it was free with ps plus.  

I'm a fan of 1 and infinite, 2 not so much :P

you should play RDR, it's fantastic

1. RDR
2. Bioshock 2 (and Minerva's Den)

Second Bioshock is pretty good with refreshing two-handed combat. There you can use plasmid-weapon combination. And Minerva's Den DLC is a masterpiece. The main plot isnt so deep as in first game and Infinite, but anyway great game.

Around the Network

If you have never played Red Dead Redemption then of course you should play this masterpiece. Although a remaster of it could be announced any day now.

onionberry said:
Kerotan said:

I'm a fan of 1 and infinite, 2 not so much :P

you should play RDR, it's fantastic

BasilZero said:

Beyond Good and Evil is sweet and short.

PS3 version is pretty good.

I'm glad to hear it's short 

RDR easy. Best game of PS3

Versus_Evil said:
Jak and daxter 2,

just dont bother with this one.

Jak 2 and the most infuriating game ive ever played, the only game i put down and never played again from the 6th gen and imo the worst sequel ever made..

Play Bioshock 2, coz its like one of the best games ever and unlike Jak 2 its one of the best sequels ever made.

I think quite the opposite. At the time I didn't like the change of direction from pure platforming of J&D 1, but as I played through it and when I repalyed it later I was just amazed by the amount of content and variety they've managed to pack in a single a game. Platforming, shooting and driving meachanics (even skateboarding) are all very well made and have a good amount of depth to them. Also, I think it's one of the most technically ambitious titles on Ps2.

Yes, in the hardest segments of the game tend to be more frustrating than rewarding but that's an issue I have in almost all ND games, both older and newer ones.

The only real issue I have with Jak2 (and 3) is with story and character presentation. It seems to me they were willing to approach darker tones and more 'adult' themes but at the same time they wanted to keep the cartoony humor style of Jak 1. The result is a weird mixed bag, it just doesn't work out very well.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I've decided red dead redemption is the best game on the list. But I don't want to play it first. I want to save it for later. Save the best till last.

I've just played a Bioshock and Jak game so I'll hold off on them for now.

So I decided I'll go with Prince of Persia next. Then it will probably be Bioshock 2 and then Jak 2.

After that I'll have to see.