By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony downplays GTA4 extras, no one buying it

A Sony Man can say what the hell he wants, but SDFanboys are just pathetic. Suddenly, all the hardcore GTA fans, never actually finished a GTA game, and they were just roaming around blowing up stuff. So, DLC, doesn't really matter. Do you realize how pathetic and miserable you sound?
Can, please anyone remind me again, what was bigger success, GTAIII or Vice City?
Stay with your "superior" PS3 version and the controller that "just feels right" for a GTA game (like nobody played these games on PC or XBOX, my left thumb still hurts when the weather gets rainy LOL) and I will stay with the "inferior" 360 version that was originally developed by R*, that will have DLC that may be prove a whole expansion (who knows), and will have a more solid and enjoyable online sector (as every multigame)

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

DLC > No DLC.

Microsoft buys a winning hand again.

Price not worth the benefit, though.  It won't stop PS3's momentum, and it won't stop the fact that 360 is on the harsh downhill in 2 of 3 regions, and won't sustain better-than-PS3 sales in NA for long.

PS3 version has better graphics, said IGN.

360's lack of mandatory hdd limited what Rockstar could do with GTAIV, said Rockstar.

Pathetic. 

Care to provide a link for that statement?

Legend11 said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

DLC > No DLC.

Price not worth the benefit, though. It won't stop PS3's momentum, and it won't stop the fact that 360 is on the harsh downhill in 2 of 3 regions, and won't sustain better-than-PS3 sales in NA for long.

360's lack of mandatory hdd limited what Rockstar could do with GTAIV, said Rockstar.

Pathetic.

I believe he is referring to the comment made on IGN that the 360 has brighter colors (which a lot of 360 games do/ this could be taken to mean their are darker shadows in the PS3 version)

but more importantly IGN then said,  the aliasing is better on the PS3 version.

which from a simple graphical comparison standpoint is kind of a big deal. 

but IMO it pales in comparison to the DLC for the 360, when the different advantages for each version are taken into consideration.

If a link is absolutely necesary, I am sure someone can find the source. 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Eh, he's got a point, I think. I've never finished the missions in a GTA game. For me, they're mostly there to distract me in between bouts of blowing things up. I'm certainly not going to go out and pay to download more of them.

GTA IV will sell the most in America region obviously and XBox 360 command a lead in the American region of around 7 million more consoles XBox 360 than PS3.

Around the Network
Borkachev said:
Eh, he's got a point, I think. I've never finished the missions in a GTA game. For me, they're mostly there to distract me in between bouts of blowing things up. I'm certainly not going to go out and pay to download more of them.

Me neither, I loved GTA San Andreas and most other games I try to complete. Probably this also because I have the game on the PC and although my PC is more than capable enough to play San Andreas in full quality, playing on my 17 inch monitor sitting behind a desk did detract from the experience compared to playing games on a larger screen TV on the couch using the wireless sixaxis controller.

Also my PC harddrive crashed at some point and I haven't been playing San Andreas ever since.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Is anyone else embarrassed by Sony and Microsoft?

Sony when they act all arrogant like this, and Microsoft when they "buy sales" (by which I mean they just throw money around to get exclusives - Halo is a case in point).

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

ultraslick said:
Legend11 said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

DLC > No DLC.

Price not worth the benefit, though. It won't stop PS3's momentum, and it won't stop the fact that 360 is on the harsh downhill in 2 of 3 regions, and won't sustain better-than-PS3 sales in NA for long.

Pathetic.

I believe he is referring to the comment made on IGN that the 360 has brighter colors (which a lot of 360 games do/ this could be taken to mean their are darker shadows in the PS3 version)

but more importantly IGN then said,  the aliasing is better on the PS3 version.

which from a simple graphical comparison standpoint is kind of a big deal. 

but IMO it pales in comparison to the DLC for the 360, when the different advantages for each version are taken into consideration.

If a link is absolutely necesary, I am sure someone can find the source. 

That's not a confirmation.

Generic Username 01 said:
Is anyone else embarrassed by Sony and Microsoft?

Sony when they act all arrogant like this, and Microsoft when they "buy sales" (by which I mean they just throw money around to get exclusives - Halo is a case in point).

No, why?  Are you saying it's a bad thing when a console manufacturer is aggressive in getting good games for their system?  I don't feel embarrased that GTAIV and RE5 for example are coming to the 360 even though Microsoft had to push to get them, in fact I'm really happy that they go out of their way to get good games for the system.

@ Legend11

I think GTA IV (multiplatform developer Rockstar) and RE5 (multiplatform developer Capcom) would have been released for the 360 anyway. RE4 was also on Nintendo platforms and PC, GTA III and San Andreas was also on XBox and PC.

I disliked the buyout of Bungie by Microsoft as it was one of the leading Mac and Linux games developers.
I also disliked the buyout of Rare, as the company was the most important 3rd party developer for the Nintendo platform.

I hate bribing like was the case with Bioshock by Microsoft just to keep this multi-platform game off the PS3 platform. The PS3 version was planned and under development, IMO this goes against consumer interests and thus shouldn't be applauded.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales