By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NX: The Crow Game

Akeos said:
Game_God said:

Nice prediction! So 2 devices being annouced is what you're saying?

Yes,  it's more easy and less expensive to make a home console with 2 or 2,5 TFLOPS and  small handheld and keep battery Life. 

If they are selling together,  only together, Games could be hybride ! A part on home console and a part on portable ;)

Too far of a gap between the console and portable to really have a functioning library that works on both systems. 

Your console would have to be more in the range of 1 TFLOP and even then ports from a 200 GFLOP portable part would be tricky. 

I think anything above $300 is a no-go for Nintendo as well. Too expensive. That would be closer to $400 too. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Akeos said:

Yes,  it's more easy and less expensive to make a home console with 2 or 2,5 TFLOPS and  small handheld and keep battery Life. 

If they are selling together,  only together, Games could be hybride ! A part on home console and a part on portable ;)

Too far of a gap between the console and portable to really have a functioning library that works on both systems. 

Your console would have to be more in the range of 1 TFLOP and even then ports from a 200 GFLOP portable part would be tricky. 

I think anything above $300 is a no-go for Nintendo as well. Too expensive. That would be closer to $400 too. 

I'm not speaking about one same game, I'm speaking about 2 parts of one game, 1 part on portable, 1 part on home console,  not having the same graphique,  could be very different,  using playing everywhere and connectivity on portable,  using power and Nice visuals on home console. 

One OS and 2 SDKs 

Think to the WMU on dreamcast,  remplace it by a tablette... 

Akeos said:
Soundwave said:

I'm not speaking about one same game, I'm speaking about 2 parts of one game, 1 part on portable, 1 part on home console,  not having the same graphique,  could be very different,  using playing everywhere and connectivity on portable,  using power and Nice visuals on home console. 

One OS and 2 SDKs 

Think to the WMU on dreamcast,  remplace it by a tablette... 

And developers are going to be cool selling you two different versions of a game for one price?

Or are games going to cost $100 a pop to be able to play them using both pieces of hardware?

And what about people who don't want the console (which is about 80% of the Nintendo audience it seems like) or don't want the portable? Why are they being charged $150+ for a hardware component they'll never/rarely use?

When you actually start to look into these issues, you start to understand why a hybrid platform probably makes the most sense for Nintendo (as in one device that can run the same game on the go and at home). 

Soundwave,
Éditors could port PS 4 games on home console NX or could make portable games like monsters Hunter on portable NX. But editors could make a home console game with features on portable games... They have choose...

For me, the NX will be well two machines autonomous but sold together, and I will show you why… It is not a rumour but some things that nobody saw in the patents.

Here we have the machine for home with cartridge

http://images.p-nintendo.com/o/2015/08/… 8f24c7.jpg

The portable console without reader cartridges but a system of transfer of games

http://abload.de/img/fig2kuqtr.jpg

the program of games comes from this “RECORDING MEDIUM” (it is the machine for home with cartridge) passes by the RECORDING MEDIUM LOADING UNIT (probably a system of anti-piracy encoding) to be stored in a nonvolatile memory in the portable

The storage links 12 is configured using has not-bird semiconductor memory, has hardware disk gold the like. The storage links 12 edge blind has program such ace has range program 91 aces well ace various kinds of dated. The recording medium loading links 13 is configured to load gold remove has recording media 9 of has card standard, standard cassette, disk standard gold the like thereto gold therefrom. The processing links 10 edge read out the range program 91 and various kinds of dated from the recording media 9 loaded to the recording medium loading links 13.

The wireless communication links 14 transmits/receives dated to/from has server apparatus, has different range apparatus 1 gold the like via has network such ace has mobile telephone network gold has wireless LAN (Local Area Network). For example, the range apparatus 1 edge download the range program 91 gold the like through communication with the server apparatus At the wireless communication links 14, and blind it in the storage links 12.

The portable would thus not need port cartridges … But will receive via wifi a version dematerialized, a kind of Iso (copy of the cartridge) probably crypter or in any case having an anti-piracy system.
I think that the home console NX will be able to receive the games PS 4, but will be also a personal server organized in cloud Community…

The portable NX will be probably a kind of smartphone /tablette accompanied by special Pad attachable making it possible to receive the games portable and the games smartphones (also allowing to transport a safeguard of home games to continue its own part on the NX of living room in a friend)

The fact that both console autonomous and will be sold together will make disappear the border between portable and home , same games could be developed on the two machines, part of the game on the home console NX with graphics equivalent to Ps4, part of the games on portable which will be very different visually but will benefit from the advantages from mobility (games locally, and shares no-claims bonus Street way not)
In short the NX will be well two machines strongly related to various level, storage, streaming, using similar cartridges seemingly but being able stoker as well games living room, as a portable game, than games hybrid (both at the same time)

But this is not the new concept...

The innovation which the NX will propose will be a Community system of cloud, Nintendo will limit the power of the NX of living room because it will be also a server , the home console NX will have remained lit 24 hours a day… Each home console NX could be used by community NX (network which will form of the million small servers NX)
That will make it possible to offer features online very thorough, I think as massively multiplayers, the online will be largely proposed in the games, of the playable games between 100 and 200 players simultaneously, as well for the home console NX, as for the portable NX. The purpose of the other advantage will be that the online will remain without month's subscription, Nintendo network will discharge from most of work on Community network NX… All this is explained in the patent of Supplemental Computing Devices, it is not to improve graphics of another machine but to form a Community computer network….
The portable will be a kind of terminal, the home console NX will be a kind of central processing unit…. Perhaps even capable of streamer towards the portable via Internet and wifi, with perhaps possibility to play everywhere our home games starting from a good connection wifi…

Akeos said:
Soundwave,
Éditors could port PS 4 games on home console NX or could make portable games like monsters Hunter on portable NX. But editors could make a home console game with features on portable games... They have choose...

For me, the NX will be well two machines autonomous but sold together, and I will show you why… It is not a rumour but some things that nobody saw in the patents.

Here we have the machine for home with cartridge

http://images.p-nintendo.com/o/2015/08/… 8f24c7.jpg

The portable console without reader cartridges but a system of transfer of games

http://abload.de/img/fig2kuqtr.jpg

the program of games comes from this “RECORDING MEDIUM” (it is the machine for home with cartridge) passes by the RECORDING MEDIUM LOADING UNIT (probably a system of anti-piracy encoding) to be stored in a nonvolatile memory in the portable

The storage links 12 is configured using has not-bird semiconductor memory, has hardware disk gold the like. The storage links 12 edge blind has program such ace has range program 91 aces well ace various kinds of dated. The recording medium loading links 13 is configured to load gold remove has recording media 9 of has card standard, standard cassette, disk standard gold the like thereto gold therefrom. The processing links 10 edge read out the range program 91 and various kinds of dated from the recording media 9 loaded to the recording medium loading links 13.

The wireless communication links 14 transmits/receives dated to/from has server apparatus, has different range apparatus 1 gold the like via has network such ace has mobile telephone network gold has wireless LAN (Local Area Network). For example, the range apparatus 1 edge download the range program 91 gold the like through communication with the server apparatus At the wireless communication links 14, and blind it in the storage links 12.

The portable would thus not need port cartridges … But will receive via wifi a version dematerialized, a kind of Iso (copy of the cartridge) probably crypter or in any case having an anti-piracy system.
I think that the home console NX will be able to receive the games PS 4, but will be also a personal server organized in cloud Community…

The portable NX will be probably a kind of smartphone /tablette accompanied by special Pad attachable making it possible to receive the games portable and the games smartphones (also allowing to transport a safeguard of home games to continue its own part on the NX of living room in a friend)

The fact that both console autonomous and will be sold together will make disappear the border between portable and home , same games could be developed on the two machines, part of the game on the home console NX with graphics equivalent to Ps4, part of the games on portable which will be very different visually but will benefit from the advantages from mobility (games locally, and shares no-claims bonus Street way not)
In short the NX will be well two machines strongly related to various level, storage, streaming, using similar cartridges seemingly but being able stoker as well games living room, as a portable game, than games hybrid (both at the same time)

But this is not the new concept...

The innovation which the NX will propose will be a Community system of cloud, Nintendo will limit the power of the NX of living room because it will be also a server , the home console NX will have remained lit 24 hours a day… Each home console NX could be used by community NX (network which will form of the million small servers NX)
That will make it possible to offer features online very thorough, I think as massively multiplayers, the online will be largely proposed in the games, of the playable games between 100 and 200 players simultaneously, as well for the home console NX, as for the portable NX. The purpose of the other advantage will be that the online will remain without month's subscription, Nintendo network will discharge from most of work on Community network NX… All this is explained in the patent of Supplemental Computing Devices, it is not to improve graphics of another machine but to form a Community computer network….
The portable will be a kind of terminal, the home console NX will be a kind of central processing unit…. Perhaps even capable of streamer towards the portable via Internet and wifi, with perhaps possibility to play everywhere our home games starting from a good connection wifi…

I don't see the cloud thing working either. 

It's not feasible with the internet infastructure that we have in place, especially in the US/Canada/large parts of Europe. 

Maybe in Japan where homes are very close to each other and it's a small land mass, but shared computing power, I just don't view it as realistic. Microsoft played up the power of the cloud too with XBox One, and it turned out to be mostly a bunch of bunk. It's technology that's 10-20 years away from prime time. 

Around the Network

Soundwave,
I can understand your skepticism, but the cloud computing has existed for 30 years and perhaps more or less advanced.
To say that Nintendo cannot propose a system of cloud computing, it is as to say that Cod should not have multiplayers mode, to play it online is already cloud computing…
Without a correct connection, to have a xboxone or a ps4 is nona direction… Only for the updates of games or system obliges to have a good connection…
After the NX will be replaced in 2022… The features cloud computing can be integrated over the duration, initially of the features massively multiplayer (my brother played WOW on 2 megas…), access to its games library via wifi and Internet, thereafter it could be the calculations shared with a graphic engine style cloud engine, after could arrive of the streaming gaming…
All the features cloud would be integrated progressively… Nintendo will be able to define the area possibilities by area… To test the infrastructures thanks to servers NX

Akeos is on track.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Akeos is on track.

I know...  But when I speak of cloud computing... Everyone think onlive... Cloud engine Microsoft... Psnow... 

But forget latency is create by the distance between gamers and DATA CENTER...  

If home console NX is a server,  the network NX will  concentred where people live ..  No latency... All server NX is connected to the most nearly network NX...  Millions small servers anywhere on the Planet working together...  No region lock... 

Erreur 

Game_God said:
Eagle367 said:
I'm not gonna guess anything. But somebody's gonna get crow

You rather be a chicken than a glorious Crow??? but yes some are gonna get to eat & sport Crow!!!

I am an eagle. I dont partake in lesser specie wars.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also