By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Things Casuals Say About Gaming

When my little cousin gave me back the copy of Pokemon Diamond I gave him, saying it was "too complicated and boring" for him. He then asked my uncle to buy him a PS4 to play CoD and FIFA, not realising he would need to pay a fee in order to do it. I think he didn't even like the copy of Tearaway I bought him!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
nuckles87 said:
Nothing, really. Most casual gamers I know don't really talk about gaming much, beyond "Tetris is fun" and "I'm really good at solitaire!"

The person you are referring to sounds more like....a smart phone fanboy, I guess?

How can you not like Tetris?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

"Videogames are supposed to be FUN!!!!!"

... Oh wait, I actually agree with that. I guess I'm a dirty, stinking casual. ;_-(

hershel_layton said:
nuckles87 said:
Nothing, really. Most casual gamers I know don't really talk about gaming much, beyond "Tetris is fun" and "I'm really good at solitaire!"

The person you are referring to sounds more like....a smart phone fanboy, I guess?

Uh....I'm not sure why you're asking this question? I think you are missing the point I was trying to make.

Mainly, most casual gamers that I know aren't raging smart phone fanboys. They just tend to like simple, accessible games.

Ive only seen anyone say 5 and 6. Ive never heard regular people say Pokemon is for kids though o.o like in middle school when everyone was in the Halo craze, sure. But that was like 5 years ago o.o

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

"My _______ system is better than what you have!"

I mean PC is the superior system soooooo.

"PC Gaming is too hard"

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

"Nintendo is too kiddie, look at those zelda graphics are too childish and nintendo should go third party because they are broke."

-casuals

nuckles87 said:
hershel_layton said:

Uh....I'm not sure why you're asking this question? I think you are missing the point I was trying to make.

Mainly, most casual gamers that I know aren't raging smart phone fanboys. They just tend to like simple, accessible games.

I'm asking it because I don't know any person, whether they are casual or hardcore gamers, who dislikes Tetris.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

BasilZero said:
StarOcean said:
Ive only seen anyone say 5 and 6. Ive never heard regular people say Pokemon is for kids though o.o like in middle school when everyone was in the Halo craze, sure. But that was like 5 years ago o.o

I've always heard "Pokemans are for kids".

I haven't. Could be because in my area most people are gamers anyway but idk XD