By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, Apples new Earphones..

Snoopy said:
Looks like everyone is upset at change. Get over it. We need to have courage/balls and move forward with changes or else we are doom. Besides, a lot of people actually love the new ear buds.

In what way is this progress?  Please, explain to me how REMOVING a feature and packing in an overpriced, middling quality set of earbuds that are arbitrarily locked to your iPhone (s) counts as progress?  My past four phones have had the ability to use wireless headphones if I wanted - incuding wireless earbuds - and also use wired ones too.  And my current phone is also water resistant.  So explain how "can use wireless headphones and is water resistant" is further advanced or in any way better than "can use wireless headphones, wired headphones, and is water resistance".  

This isn't progress.  This is an act of naked greed, to push more easily lost or broken proprietary  crap on customers that they'll  have to come to them to replace.  And it's  also about their desperate need to *look* progressive when they stopped being bleeding edge LONG ago.

Around the Network

They look a bit weird, but is probably because I'm not used to not seeing a wire

Really pricey though, looks like a money grabbing scheme with the waterproofing excuse :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Nuvendil said:
Snoopy said:
Looks like everyone is upset at change. Get over it. We need to have courage/balls and move forward with changes or else we are doom. Besides, a lot of people actually love the new ear buds.

In what way is this progress?  Please, explain to me how REMOVING a feature and packing in an overpriced, middling quality set of earbuds that are arbitrarily locked to your iPhone (s) counts as progress?  My past four phones have had the ability to use wireless headphones if I wanted - incuding wireless earbuds - and also use wired ones too.  And my current phone is also water resistant.  So explain how "can use wireless headphones and is water resistant" is further advanced or in any way better than "can use wireless headphones, wired headphones, and is water resistance".  

This isn't progress.  This is an act of naked greed, to push more easily lost or broken proprietary  crap on customers that they'll  have to come to them to replace.  And it's  also about their desperate need to *look* progressive when they stopped being bleeding edge LONG ago.

The same reason why almost every cellphone company is removing features like sim cards, battery replacements, ect... Its call progress because we can improve on other items if we remove them. If we included every feature people want in an iPhone the thing is going to look like a freakin walkman.

Captain_Yuri said:
Pavolink said:
Ignorant questions:
Are those wireless?
Can I use on any other smartphone, like an HTC10?

Yes

No

You are wrong, you can use them with non-Apple devices. Like any other bluetooth headsets.

I am wrong, you are right.

Apologies, I watched a hands-on video that said they are bluetooth headsets that should work on non-apple devices. 

Pavolink said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yes

No

Ok.

:T

His answer is wrong. You can use them with any device that has bluetooth, just like any bluetooth headset. 

I am wrong, he is right. Apologies.

EDIT: or not?

"Legacy Bluetooth devices are supported by the new W1 wireless chip, and vice versa — a W1-equipped speaker set can sync to conventional Bluetooth phones as well."

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yes

No

You are wrong, you can use them with non-Apple devices. Like any other bluetooth headsets.

Ummm... Link?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
LurkerJ said:

Ummm... Link?

I am wrong, you are right.

Apologies, I watched a hands-on video that said they are bluetooth headsets that should work on non-apple devices. 

EDIT: I am confused again.

"Legacy Bluetooth devices are supported by the new W1 wireless chip, and vice versa — a W1-equipped speaker set can sync to conventional Bluetooth phones as well."

Snoopy said:
Nuvendil said:

The same reason why almost every cellphone company is removing features like sim cards, battery replacements, ect... Its call progress because we can improve on other items if we remove them. If we included every feature people want in an iPhone the thing is going to look like a freakin walkman.

Lmfao

Ever heard of the V10/20? It has a sleek design with 2 TB SD card support, 3200 mAh battery(removable), all while having specs similar to the iphone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
Snoopy said:

Lmfao

Ever heard of the V10/20? It has a sleek design with 2 TB SD card support, 3200 mAh battery(removable), all while having specs similar to the iphone.

First off, if it has similar specs to iPhone 7 and running Android OS it is going to be slower than iPhone 7 since Android OS is resource hungry. Also, we will see how great when it comes out. Android phones always ends up disapointing. Hell, their was a vid showing samsung galaxy 7 having a hard time keeping up with iPhone 6s. At least it doesn't explode or anything..... oh wait.

They look super uncomfortable, too. I'd rather get the wireless Bose Soundsports for $10 less and get better quality.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames