By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Pro won't support 4K Blu Rays.

Does this effect your decision to buy a PS4 Pro?

No Way In Hell I Am Getting One Now. 43 45.26%

Nah Don't Care About Blu Rays. 52 54.74%

Total:95
CGI-Quality said:
foodfather said:
It's been a while since Sony fucked up on the hardware front. Good to see.

It won't really matter though since people love playstation and will probably buy it without even knowing it / needing it.

4k blurays are very niche at the end of the day. It's not going to be as fast growing as blurays.

What's good about it?

Isn't it obvious?

Around the Network
REDZONE said:
CGI-Quality said:

What's good about it?

Isn't it obvious?

Lmao

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

This really doesn't bother me, to be honest. Sony made it clear that PS4 Pro is strictly for hardcore gamers who want to up the fidelity of their PS4 experience. I have an Xbone S; I'll just use that for 4K Blu-Ray.

The bigger issue for me personally is that the console is UGLY AS SIN.

I don't get many blurays at all.

SWORDF1SH said:
irstupid said:

When one has a top of the line tv and surround sound, ect one does not rely on compressed streaming services. 

You want the best picture and sound you get it on disc. 

And if one has a 4k tv that has HDR, would one not want to use it to its fulllest?

Also you do realize that to use 4k HDR content on Netflix (I looked th eother day) it requires at MIN a 20 mb internet speed. Not everyone has that. 

So you want to but a console and want the best? But you don't want the best graphics? Instead you want to play 4K Blu Rays. Strange decision when buying a console. Wouldn't you want your 4K HDR TV to show off the best games possible when buying a console?

I don't want the best. I want the most functional.

The Xbox One plays games well enough for all I care. If all I wanted was a game player I wouldn't even be looking at the S or Pro. 

All four systems play games, and roughly the same. All four have Netflix, Amazon Vid, Youtube, ect (my tv does as well so moot point). They all play Blu Ray discs and DVD's. I assume they are all programable with my TV remote. But only the One S can play 4k blu rays.

Thus it's seeming to be the winner in my books. It's cheaper than any other 4k blu ray player on the market. (only 2 on the market, not much comp) but it also has the option of playing games (as few as I play) over those two players.