By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 3DS Emu Citra Finally gets CPU Jit Recompiler Massive Speed boost now in many games! check videos inside.

Yes! I can finally play my 3DS games without crappy aliasing.

Around the Network
collint0101 said:

Come on people the 3ds isn't even dead yet this is only going to hurt games that are coming to the system in 2017. At least the Wii u is basically guaranteed to be done by the time it's emulator is running everything smoothly

Dolphin has been pretty much fully functional for Wii emulation since 2009.
By the end of 2007, DS emulation was practically perfected past individual game compatibility updates due to anti-piracy.
Although this one is a bit harder to pinpoint, GBA emulation was definitely in a very functional state before the DS came along.

Notice how all of the above were commercial successes and sold large numbers of games, emulation be damned. Seriously, this discussion has been had numerous times, and when you get down to it, piracy has not been the deciding factor between success and failure for games released on various platforms pretty much ever. If a game is going to flop commercially, piracy is hardly going to be the reason why. It's a solid excuse for why a game may have failed, eaten up by those more vehement about condemning the practice than others, but an excuse is all it is.

As for Citra, I have a decently powerful gaming computer, so I may test it out while my system and games are sitting in a box for the next two weeks. I don't expect even base performance at 100% yet in most games, much less enhanced performance, but it may be fun to play around with since some games clearly run fairly well.

Great but I think the performance is still too low for me to enjoy ... 

My OC'ed 6600K@4.5GHz just isn't fast enough so I wish we could much more higher clocks with similar IPC ... 

sc94597 said:
Yes! I can finally play my 3DS games without crappy aliasing.

I really want to see more footage of Pokemon X/Y with some AA. I remmeebr seeing some a few months back but I can't rememebr if it was on here or some other site.

I really do wish for Nintendo to give their games some AA love. I think their games would greatly benefit from it visual wise, plenty of their games have nice varying art styles, but can be let down by allowing the jaggies to take over here and there. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

collint0101 said:

Come on people the 3ds isn't even dead yet this is only going to hurt games that are coming to the system in 2017. At least the Wii u is basically guaranteed to be done by the time it's emulator is running everything smoothly

3DS is done within a year anyways, and will be replaced by the NX.

Also most of the people that emulate (atleast from this site) will probably own a 3DS and alot of its software.

Emulation doesnt hurt nearly as much as everyone makes it out too, and it preserves history.

By next year 2017, the 3DS will have had its 6years on the market.

Around the Network

Good to see the performance gains with the JIT. Apparently, there is still a lot of work to be done in this emulator, 2d elements look bad sometimes but the progress is still amazing and the critical paths will be figured out for sure soon.

zero129 said:

Did you download the build linked to in my videos?. CPU Jit still isnt merged with the master branch yet so thats why you need to use the custom build in my videos from gmk.

Also guys heres a new video of Pokemon Alpha/Star Sapphire using this build.

It looks so good!.

I haven't tried Citra at all but I can tell that quite a few 3D heavy games are struggling to hit full speed so I doubt my hardware will deliver justice ... 

LuckyTrouble said:
collint0101 said:

Dolphin has been pretty much fully functional for Wii emulation since 2009.
By the end of 2007, DS emulation was practically perfected past individual game compatibility updates due to anti-piracy.
Although this one is a bit harder to pinpoint, GBA emulation was definitely in a very functional state before the DS came along.

Notice how all of the above were commercial successes and sold large numbers of games, emulation be damned. Seriously, this discussion has been had numerous times, and when you get down to it, piracy has not been the deciding factor between success and failure for games released on various platforms pretty much ever. If a game is going to flop commercially, piracy is hardly going to be the reason why. It's a solid excuse for why a game may have failed, eaten up by those more vehement about condemning the practice than others, but an excuse is all it is.

As for Citra, I have a decently powerful gaming computer, so I may test it out while my system and games are sitting in a box for the next two weeks. I don't expect even base performance at 100% yet in most games, much less enhanced performance, but it may be fun to play around with since some games clearly run fairly well.

Everyone knows that the Wii ds and psp were all severely impacted by piracy none of those systems failed because of it but it's clear that millions of  dollars were lost by Nintendo and developers because of piracy. Actual numbers are out there just look at super Mario Galaxy with its record of most pirated game last gen with over 1 million downloads. I don't see how anyone that legitimately cares about this industry can be ok with the creation of a tool that is is going to be used for piracy by the overwhelming majority of its users especially while the system is still relevant and receiving new releases

zero129 said:

Zelda oot3d runs at 55-70+fps on my i5-2500k with this build.

A lot of other 3d games run at around 30-40fps. ya never know you should give it a try you could be surpised.

I doubt my CPU setup is twice as fast as yours which is a huge factor in emulation ... 

zero129 said:
collint0101 said:

Everyone knows that the Wii ds and psp were all severely impacted by piracy none of those systems failed because of it but it's clear that millions of  dollars were lost by Nintendo and developers because of piracy. Actual numbers are out there just look at super Mario Galaxy with its record of most pirated game last gen with over 1 million downloads. I don't see how anyone that legitimately cares about this industry can be ok with the creation of a tool that is is going to be used for piracy by the overwhelming majority of its users especially while the system is still relevant and receiving new releases

the 3DS has flash carts. they impact 3DS software sales much much more then emulation ever could!.

Most people that will use this emu will also own a 3DS since ya know its a portable and you can carry your games with you and it has online multi player etc.

People that dont like handhelds is never going to own a 3DS anyways but might now try out some 3DS games. Them games could lead that person to buying the Nintendo NX to play the newer ones. If anything emulation has the chance to do more good for a company then bad.

What the hell kind of logic is that? That's like saying a guy that steals DVDs from Walmart is way more likely to go out and see the sequles in theaters. I'm sure all of those Wii and psp games that got stolen last gen really impacted the Wii u and vita in great ways. You're either naive or dumb or trying to ignore the problem if you legitimately think that the vast majority of people that use this emulator will actually own a 3ds. It's just going to be a bunch of douche bags that will never do anything to actually support the system or its successor or the developers that make games for the system