By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you buy a Nintendo NX if these are the launch titles?

???

YES, day one. 99 56.25%

No, I need more. 77 43.75%

Total:176
bigtakilla said:
onionberry said:

I would respect your opinion but nah, this game has been in development for 5 years, they hype is gigantic and we don't even have one screenshot of the nx version. Plus, we have information about 2% of the game. A crossgen zelda game is a zelda game regardless, remember, just 2 main zelda games per decade.

And? You know what the NX versions gonna look practically exactly like? The Wii U version. As I said, this thread is asking if I'd  buy it with those launch titles, I don't find a cross gen Zelda to be all that much of a selling point to me. There are plenty of other games I would look forward too more than a game I can get on a console I already own. Especially if the NX rumors are true and the gap in power is pretty small.

yeah I understand your situation. still a great list of launch titles tho! :P

Around the Network
TorterraBoy said:
curl-6 said:

No.

Before I'll even consider buying an NX, Nintendo has to demonstrate the following:

(1) That it won't have game droughts like the Wii U did.

(2) That they'll make more ambitious and epic games this time, instead of play-it-safe stuff like 3D World and Tropical Freeze.

(3) Continuing from 2, that they'll actually make games for it that aren't E-rated cartoons.

(4) Breath of the Wild has to come to Wii U. If it doesn't, I will never buy from Nintendo again.

Tropical freeze was amazing! And 3D world was ok

It was good, but it was sorely lacking in ambition and not what I wanted from a studio with as much potential as Retro.

bigtakilla said:
Mbolibombo said:
Cant really understand why people say this is a bad starting lineup. It would probably rank up as one of the best if not the best of all time. Combining the Wii U, 3DS, PS4, Vita and Xbox One lineup doesnt have as much quality as this looks to have.

But, gamers be greedy.

Wii U U.S. launch: November 18, 2012

quantity over quality

curl-6 said:
TorterraBoy said:

Tropical freeze was amazing! And 3D world was ok

It was good, but it was sorely lacking in ambition and not what I wanted from a studio with as much potential as Retro.

That Retro is developing Recore.

2, 3 and 4 are enough for me. Unless the NX is more powerful than PS4, I won't bother using it for multiplatform games.

Also there's other tangible stuff like How many games are in the pipeline. I never bothered with the Wii U because it didn't convince me at launch that it had a healthy year ahead. Over time this was kind of the case for every year, some were decent but none were great and then Nintendo announced NX so I thought I'd wait...

Around the Network
theARTIST0017 said:
OP: Your question is not specific. You mean buy it day one? Yeah I personally would. I mean I don't mind waiting either. I know Nintendo will deliver so for me it's not a matter of if Nintendo will do it right this time, it's a matter of how busy I am in life.

yeah this is a day one list

onionberry said:
bigtakilla said:

Wii U U.S. launch: November 18, 2012

quantity over quality

If you look at what sells systems, Wii U had the games in spades. Beyond that we all have opinions. 

If you could somehow combine the Wii U's Western support for the first two holiday seasons (while not perfect) with the 3DS' Japanese support for its 1st two years ... you'd have a pretty decent amount of support. Not sure if Nintendo can pull that off with the NX though, especially if it is very underpowered (not saying it will be, just saying if it is). 

onionberry said:

Forget about the form factor let's talk about the games.

There are going to be surprises, but this are some confirmed games and rumored games plus a bit of wishful thinking.

1. Beyond Good and Evil 2 (exclusive)

2. The Legend of Zelda Breath of The Wild (better performance and visuals)

3. Luigi's Mansion 3 (exclusive)

4. Super Smash Bros NX (new content)

5. Pikmin 4 (exclusive)

6. Mass Effect Andromeda

7. Injustice 2

8. For Honor

9. Just Dance 2017

10. Tekken 7

I would only consider buying NX for new Nintendo IP's, Zelda is the only game that interests me on that list.

onionberry said:
curl-6 said:

That Retro is developing Recore.

Quite a few of the staff from the Metroid Prime trilogy remain at Retro.