By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 4k Confutation

I always thought 4K is nothing but a marketing buzzword. Sure, you can see the difference when you really focus on it, but when you're just enjoying a movie or a game from a normal viewing distance? No difference whatsoever from my experience. Neglible on TVs, somewhat noticeable if you're sitting right in front of a 27" PC monitor or something. It's certainly nothing that would justify these massive upgrades that it takes to achieve it.

The only real use I see for 4K is VR, because 1080p or even 1440p still looks like shit on these kind of devices. However, we first need 4K headsets, so well...

I also don't like where this whole PS4 Pro and Scorpio thing is headed. Sony and MS are concentrating way too hard on resolution. I bought a new laptop just yesterday. Equipped with a Geforce GTX 960M. Nothing too spectacular, but hey, I can play just about any game in 720p @ 60fps. I'll take that over 4K @ 30 fps any day.

I think I will be more leaning towards PC gaming in the coming years. I'm gonna see how I like gaming on my new notebook, if I'm really enjoying it, I'll be thinking about building a good gaming rig. Just like someone before said, on PC I at least have the choice to fit resolution and framerate to my personal preferences. PS4 is collecting dust for quite some time now, I'm playing more 3DS and WiiU than PS4. I think I'll just use the PS4 for Persona 5. Other than that, PC all the way!

I don't know where I'm heading with this. Anyway, 4K is bullshit, don't believe the hype, have fun.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.