By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NFL Network Launches on PS Vue

GribbleGrunger said:
KBG29 said:

Yes, it has a huge a large marketing push. It has had spots during the last season of The Walking Dead, it is constantly being promoted on ESPN and Fox Sports netwroks, and I see it during WWE RAW and Smack Down Live. 

It seems they are leaning very heavily on the live sports crowd, and that's what makes this such a huge grab. Now they just need to pick up Root sports, and keep on trucking away at getting the live local channels. 

Vue is easily the most promoted and well handled online product Sony has done. 

I'm really surprised it's being promoted that heavily. What about PSNow? I don't see any adverts here but then again I would expect Sony to advertise that once the PS3 has been discontinued.

I have never seen an ad for PS Now. I forgot to mention, I see ad banners for PS Vue on websites all the time, but again, I have never seen them for PS Now. PS Now has absolulty no pressence beyond PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Sony Tv's, Sony, Blu-ray players, and very select Samsung TV's. I am not sure what the plan is with PS Now. I have Ideas of what it can become, and I feel that in it's current form it is s test bed for a future cloud based PlayStation platform, that will be accessable from Windows, Android, Apple, and Nintendo devices.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
KBG29 said:

I have never seen an ad for PS Now. I forgot to mention, I see ad banners for PS Vue on websites all the time, but again, I have never seen them for PS Now. PS Now has absolulty no pressence beyond PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Sony Tv's, Sony, Blu-ray players, and very select Samsung TV's. I am not sure what the plan is with PS Now. I have Ideas of what it can become, and I feel that in it's current form it is s test bed for a future cloud based PlayStation platform, that will be accessable from Windows, Android, Apple, and Nintendo devices.

Oh, it's not a test bed, it's the beginning of completely service based gaming. Now it's on PC the next step is phones. I'm guessing once the PS3 is discontinued we'll see far more adverts for PSNow. Of course Sony will not be putting PS4 games on there immediately but they will come eventually.

The PS5 Exists. 

This is a megaton. Massive addition to an awesome service.

Sling TV failed.

PlayStation Vue is dominating.

That said, idgaf about sports. But my friends who do will be excited.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

GribbleGrunger said:
KBG29 said:

Oh, it's not a test bed, it's the beginning of completely service based gaming. Now it's on PC the next step is phones. I'm guessing once the PS3 is discontinued we'll see far more adverts for PSNow. Of course Sony will not be putting PS4 games on there immediately but they will come eventually.

I don't think I got across what I was saying, so I'll try again.

I understand that Streaming games is going to be a huge business in the future, and PS Now will only continue to grow. I am just saying I think the current PS Now is just a test to get the system up and running on all sorts of devices, and iron out network and compatability issues. 

In the future Sony will inevitably have to switch the PS Now servers over to the new PlayStation architecture and that is when the service will feature all Sony games from PS1 - New releases. Eventually I see PS Now being part of the PS+ program and all games that have been purchased in full over PSN will be available on any devices via PS Now. For those with non PlayStation devices or those that don't own games, they will still be able to sign up for the service for $19.99 a month. 

I think Sony is going to try and scoop up as many users as possible on PlayStation devices, and once they feel they have hit a select number they will start to push PS Now to people that they can't get to by a PlayStation. PS Now will be behind the times compared to owning a physical PlayStation device for a while, but that will be the part of the allure of owning a PlayStation in the near future. At some point though I see Sony moving to PS Now and selling very cheap home streaming devices that connect to the service, but that is wy down the raod.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
Azuren said:

Sling TV failed.

Sling TV has the EPL.

KBG29 said:

I don't think I got across what I was saying, so I'll try again.

I understand that Streaming games is going to be a huge business in the future, and PS Now will only continue to grow. I am just saying I think the current PS Now is just a test to get the system up and running on all sorts of devices, and iron out network and compatability issues. 

In the future Sony will inevitably have to switch the PS Now servers over to the new PlayStation architecture and that is when the service will feature all Sony games from PS1 - New releases. Eventually I see PS Now being part of the PS+ program and all games that have been purchased in full over PSN will be available on any devices via PS Now. For those with non PlayStation devices or those that don't own games, they will still be able to sign up for the service for $19.99 a month. 

I think Sony is going to try and scoop up as many users as possible on PlayStation devices, and once they feel they have hit a select number they will start to push PS Now to people that they can't get to by a PlayStation. PS Now will be behind the times compared to owning a physical PlayStation device for a while, but that will be the part of the allure of owning a PlayStation in the near future. At some point though I see Sony moving to PS Now and selling very cheap home streaming devices that connect to the service, but that is wy down the raod.

Ah, gotcha. Yes, that sounds reasonable.

The PS5 Exists. 

Lawlight said:
Azuren said:

Sling TV failed.

Sling TV has the EPL.

If that's not some kind of code for "SlingTV is fail", then I call shenanigans.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Lawlight said:

Sling TV has the EPL.

If that's not some kind of code for "SlingTV is fail", then I call shenanigans.

EPL = English Premier League.