By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN gets 2 step verification today.

outlawauron said:
FIT_Gamer said:
Wish there was a way just to enable it just for purchases. Don't want to have enter a code every time I turn my PS4 on.

This already existed before global 2 step.

The only option I had was was re-entering password for puchases, which is kind of pointless. If somone hacks your account then they should already have your password.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Hello Sony, welcome to 2010.

So where is Multiple Account Options on Xbox or changing the language in the settings? lolmao

Ruler said:
walsufnir said:
Hello Sony, welcome to 2010.

So where is Multiple Account Options on Xbox or changing the language in the settings? lolmao

Because these are security related. “lolmao“ indeed.

I'm happy they're doing this finally, but I wish they would have given us the option of using it with Google Authenticator instead of a text message.

FIT_Gamer said:
outlawauron said:

This already existed before global 2 step.

The only option I had was was re-entering password for puchases, which is kind of pointless. If somone hacks your account then they should already have your password.

Technically there's the possibility that someone accesses your account from your console with auto-login enabled, and uses it to buy something. It's pretty unlikely as long as you have the console, but say, in the case of theft, something could happen. That said, you can't get money out of PSN, so there isn't really much room for any actual damage. Even in the worst case, you could probably just contact Sony and inform them of the theft, and they'd (hopefully) stop bad things related to your account.

Around the Network

It looks like Sony is getting on board with the phone tracking. I presume it will not be optional for long.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.