By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Rio Olympics 2016: The world at war against the Lord Jesus Christ.

Tagged games:

Is Jesus Christ the Lord?

Yes. 58 40.00%

No. 78 53.79%

Maybe. 9 6.21%

Total:145

This is one of the many signs of the end times, I highly think. I will claim Jesus Christ til the end of my life and beyond! Praise Jesus and God almighty, forever!

Keep the faith. Never deny Jesus, no matter how many ppl turn against you, friend. You must stay with Jesus til the end, and you will live forever. Jesus Christ is the way and the truth and the life! He is the only way to God and Heaven.

Never let the one's who persecute you  drive you away from the faith. It is an honor to be persecuted for Jesus, my friend.

Around the Network
niceguygameplayer said:
This is one of the many signs of the end times, I highly think. I will claim Jesus Christ til the end of my life and beyond! Praise Jesus and God almighty, forever!

Awesome! And welcome to VGchartz!

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
KLAMarine said:

I get the logic but I do scratch my head at the notion that homosexuality is a sin. It doesn't hurt anyone like murder or theft.

Sin is "to miss the mark", to go the wrong way.

There are lots of sins that do not hurt anyone but our relationship with God. Like lust, envy, anger, ungratitude towards God, rebbelion, unbelief, many many others. Being proud and arrogant also, does not hurt anyone but the ourselves, but it is for sure sin.

The criteria is not what hurts others, the criteria is what the Lord explained in His word, and the point is that we do lots of evil things, the more we get close to God, the more we realize it.

Specially pride, which is why homossexuality is dangerous sin, most sins do not make the sinner proud of it, but for some reason homossexuality does.

I do evil stuff all the time, althought I try my best to not do it. Sometimes I sucessed, most of times I fail. The thing is: I am not proud about it, I know it is wrong and I repent after I miss the mark.

I get on my knees, pray, ask for forgiviness to Jesus and for wisdom to do better. It is no different for homossexuals. Some sins we stop doing imediatelly after salvation, specially drugs, adultery, stealing. Some others stay with us the whole life, a thorn in our side, as the apostle Paul said. To keep us humble.

So should homosexuals stop being homosexual?

WagnerPaiva said:
niceguygameplayer said:

Awesome! And welcome to VGchartz!

You're welcome! I added some more to the original message. Please read.

KLAMarine said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Sin is "to miss the mark", to go the wrong way.

There are lots of sins that do not hurt anyone but our relationship with God. Like lust, envy, anger, ungratitude towards God, rebbelion, unbelief, many many others. Being proud and arrogant also, does not hurt anyone but the ourselves, but it is for sure sin.

The criteria is not what hurts others, the criteria is what the Lord explained in His word, and the point is that we do lots of evil things, the more we get close to God, the more we realize it.

Specially pride, which is why homossexuality is dangerous sin, most sins do not make the sinner proud of it, but for some reason homossexuality does.

I do evil stuff all the time, althought I try my best to not do it. Sometimes I sucessed, most of times I fail. The thing is: I am not proud about it, I know it is wrong and I repent after I miss the mark.

I get on my knees, pray, ask for forgiviness to Jesus and for wisdom to do better. It is no different for homossexuals. Some sins we stop doing imediatelly after salvation, specially drugs, adultery, stealing. Some others stay with us the whole life, a thorn in our side, as the apostle Paul said. To keep us humble.

So should homosexuals stop being homosexual?

I don´t think they can. It is not a switch that you turn on or off.

They should definitely read the gospel and, if they believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, they should definitely ask Him for Salvation. After that, if they become born again, it will be a supernatural road, but a long one. Some things will change, some will not.

I see in my case: I was a promiscuous piece of shit before salvation, proud, greedy, a liar. A lot changed, but I still sin, like, much less, but I still do.

Some things that I feel I will probably feel forever, it is probably the same with a homossexual born again: a lot will change, but probably not all.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

I'm not up to date on this but usually this type of thing has to do with dress protocols and they are there ostensibly to stop people turning up wearing what ever they like promoting what they like . no one stops them crossing themselves and other displays.
The games have a long history and participation is subject to athletes and officials adhering to the protocols .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

WagnerPaiva said:

This kind of thing is a big part of why there is such a backlash against Christianity these days.

curl-6 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

This kind of discrimination is a big part of why there is such a backlash against Christianity these days.

Well, to be fair, I did said I am not better off than any homossexual in the eyes of the Lord, haven´t I? I am a sinner, you are, Lady Gaga, Obama, we are all sinners, there is not one good man in the face of the Earth.

My point is: it is a dangerous thing when a person say "not me, I am a nice person", it is better to realize we are all sinners. I am not better than a homossexual: they have sex with the same gender, I had sex before marriage, they lust after the same gender, I lust. It is all sin.

They lie, I lie, sinners...

The good part is: Jesus Christ is powerful enough to save all of us, pretty cool.

Of course, it is just my faith, no one has any obligation believing it. The dude asked, I answered, that is all.

It is not discrimination, we are all sinners, no discrimination.

But I myself do not talk against homossexuality, I just described what I answered when they said to me: "God is evil because he hates homossexuals".

May answer is that the Lord does not hate anyone, He just can not be near sin, and we are all sinners... Who am I to feel superior to a homossexual? I am equally as guilty and sinful.

What I can not do is lie: shall Isay pride is a sin but homossexuality is not? Can´t do that.

WagnerPaiva said:
curl-6 said:

This kind of discrimination is a big part of why there is such a backlash against Christianity these days.

Well, to be fair, I did said I am not better off than any homossexual in the eyes of the Lord, haven´t I? I am a sinner, you are, Lady Gaga, Obama, we are all sinners, there is not one good man in the face of the Earth.

My point is: it is a dangerous thing when a person say "not me, I am a nice person", it is better to realize we are all sinners. I am not better than a homossexual: they have sex with the same gender, I had sex before marriage, they lust after the same gender, I lust. It is all sin.

The good part is: Jesus Christ is powerful enough to save all of us, pretty cool.

Of course, it is just my faith, no one has any obligation believing it. The dude asked, I answered, that is all.

To have one's own beliefs is fine as long as one doesn't force them on others, so if you don't do that, good on you.

My point is more that part of the reason Christianity currently faces a backlash in the West is because our society is steadily becoming less accepting of discrimination, and sadly there is still quite a bit of discrimination done in the name of the church.

30 years ago, people may have been okay with more aggressive elements of the church heaping vilification on the LGBTI community, but times are changing, and as people increasingly realize that "the gays" are just people like you or I, they look less favourably on the way the church treats them.

curl-6 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

To have one's own beliefs is fine as long as one doesn't force them on others, so if you don't do that, good on you.

My point is more that part of the reason Christianity currently faces a backlash in the West is because our society is steadily becoming less accepting of discrimination, and sadly there is still quite a bit of discrimination done in the name of the church.

30 years ago, people may have been okay with more aggressive elements of the church heaping vilification on the LGBTI community, but times are changing, and as people inreasingly realize that "the gays" are just people like you or I, they look less favourably on the way the church treats them.

Oh yes, we have a lot of problems, but I guess all religions do.