By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Rio Olympics 2016: The world at war against the Lord Jesus Christ.

Tagged games:

Is Jesus Christ the Lord?

Yes. 58 40.00%

No. 78 53.79%

Maybe. 9 6.21%

Total:145

Yes, I think we understand each other. It is good that there are some people still following the right way. That are truly spiritual and that it is not just a fashion statement. 

Around the Network
Shadow1980 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

I totally understand what you are saying and if I was a atheist I would applaud you. I would applaud you even if I had any religion other than the Lord Jesus Christ.

But, as Jesus Christ IS my Religion, meaning, the link between me and God, which is what Religion means, comes from "Religare", which means "to restore the link", then I applaud Neymar Jr. in this particular issue.

Why? Well, being a christian means believing that the New Testament is the word of God for us in how we suppose to live and the Old Testament is true history, not fairy tales: that is what we believe.

And in the NT the Lord Jesus Christ said: HE WHO DENIES ME BEFORE MEN, I WILL DENY HIM BEFORE MY FATHER.

So, in any oportunity we are forced to deny the Lord, a true christian feels a supernatural desiree to confess that Jesus Christ IS the Lord. This is christianity: a bunch of sinners that found shelter in the Son of God´s voluntary sacrifice for them.

One cannot be a true christian till he realizes he is evil and a sinner, Jesus did not come to save the good people, but the bad, as He said: I came to heal the sick, those that are not sick do not need a phisician.

So, I know that rules are rules but in the end of the day, I would do the same, if someone say to me "no Jesus allowed here", then I will confess  there that Jesus is the Lord. Does not matter if they arrest or kill me. It is a matter of faith.

But I know it sounds like jiberish to people that do not believe. It is how it is, like, hindi don´t eat meats, budhists meditate and we love Jesus, just that.

I understand fully. While I've struggled with issues of faith throughout my adult life, I was raised in a Protestant household. I know full well that a person's religion is serious business.

But you also have to understand that private businesses and organizations can and do set their own rules. They have money to make and sponsors to keep. And many of them choose to remain officially secular so as to maintain the broadest possible consumer base, especially when you're dealing with a highly multicultural, multifaith audience. They have a vested interest in not pissing off anyone. The Olympics are supposed to be an apolitical, international event, and the IOC long ago decided that the Olympics are not a venue for protest, proselytizing, propagandizing, or what have you. If you agree to participate in an event held by a private organization, you are obligated to follow their rules. No exceptions. If you feel you cannot adhere to any and all of those rules, then you are obligated to excuse yourself from the event. You come into my house, you obey my rules. You don't come in my house agreeing to abide by the rules but then decide those rules do not apply to you. Telling me "Yeah, I'll obey the rules" and then deliberately breaking them is being dishonest, a violation of God's prohibition on lying. I have the right to eject you from my house if you don't abide by the rules. Same thing goes for sporting events. If the rules say "No overt religious displays," then abide by that rule or GTFO. They're not trying to make anyone deny Jesus Christ, they aren't exhibiting a specifically anti-Christian or even anti-religious bias, and it's certainly not a Masonic plot against Christendom. Neutrality does not imply antagonism.

True. If they take his medal away, well, is their game, they can do whatever. I know they will not, but I understand your point.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

the Sports were good the games were bad for the country

VGPolyglot said:
Eagle367 said:

God created everything and the concept of good and evil so if we disobey him then we're screwed. Satan disobeyed him and will go to hell at the end as well as people who listened to Satan. So technically if we don't want eternal torment we have to obey him. When we die we'll find out whether the atheists or Hindus or Muslims or Christians or Jews were right but until then we can only believe what we believe and live and let live. If you were wrong you're screwed and if you were right perhaps heaven is waiting for you

All authority should be questioned. If God is that jealous that he sends people to eternal punishment for not obeying him then I would rather be in Hell where the much more accepting Satan lives.

Its Absolute Authority dude. We cannot percieve it in a human sense. The All Mighty can do whatever and he does. If he wanted he could create beings and give them no rules and be allowed to go wild or the other way around

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also