By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Survive will be less than $60, is a Spin-off to MGSV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu0yxaR5bEs

Around the Network

Regardless of it being a spin-off or cheaper than most games, I doubt many fans wanted them to put time and resources into a game like this, that's probably what they're most angry about

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

b00moscone said:
Regardless of it being a spin-off or cheaper than most games, I doubt many fans wanted them to put time and resources into a game like this, that's probably what they're most angry about

another MGS will be coming this is just in the meantime 

Just as I believed.

A $40/50 title. A spin off that's aiming to be fun and not a serious metal gear. now whether or not it turns out to be fun is a different matter altogether. But I'll give it a chance.

After this hopefully we get chapter 3 and metal gear rising 2. Although platinum are all booked up for now.

And then I'll take another mainline metal gear. The series has a lot of profit potential for Konami so no way will they not keep making it.

I don't think I would play this even if it was free.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

Need to see what the game consist of before deciding it's worth whatever their launch price will be. So far i'll be looking to pick this up at the bargain bin.

Still not touching it. lol

It won't cost 60$! Konami cares deeply about their fans, and it wouldn't want you to spend that much money on a game! It will cost 59,99$, of course! There's a huge difference!

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

To be honest, I don't really care how much it costs and whether it's a spin-off or not. This shows an unbelievable lack of respect for the franchise and its fanbase,  and obviously the only reason this is called Metal Gear is either to be able to use MGS5's assets or to simply make more money from this game. I suspect it's mostly the latter. No one asked for this, and almost no one seems to be interested in this. I don't think anyone expected Konami to treat the franchise well, but I also don't think anyone expected Konami to treat it this badly. And not only that, but creating a zombie game in a highly saturated market seems like a pretty risky move to me. There's definitely room for another zombie game, but there's also so much competition it's hard to stand out. And to be honest, I don't think Konami can do that.

Kerotan said:
A $40/50 title.

I believe I've heard of reports of there (at Gamescom) being something about the game being $30.

Ruler said:
b00moscone said:

another MGS will be coming this is just in the meantime 

I'd definitely hope so, but as their first game without Kojima they're not really giving people the right idea with what direction they're taking the franchise.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi