By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 7 - Gamescom gameplay trailer.

You can see it on our own website (Give Patrick some clicks, guys!), or directly on the youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiEf9_6ocT4

Huh, opinion guys?

Around the Network

I'm really, really disliking more this game everytime I see something new about it. While I appreciate a more "horror" approach rather than the action-horror style that plagued Resident Evil after 4, this doesn't feel like it's trying to tie with anything Resident Evil did previously. Running away from one single enemy (Aside from avoiding that first zombie in RE1, I guess), who doesn't feel menacing enough? (I mean, I don't know the strenght of an old lady with a lantern on her hand, but...). Hiding behind a box that doesn't really feel like it's covering you enough, and that wouldn't have meant shit had the lady gone to the other door? The lady seems blind as fuck, though, and I know I might be nitpicking here but that's what I can gather from such trailer.

Also that edgy camera video effect while playing is...ugh. It's probably some kind of flashback (like the one on the RE7 demo, where you played as the paranormal reporter), so that girl either gets killed or Ethan is trying to find her, but still.

EDIT: honestly, I would have been more than satisfied with a game like RE5 or 4 and next-gen graphics, and some fanservice here and there.

EDIT 2: Or a goddamn new Revelations game! Revelations games are awesome, have a lot of fun extra content and they generally are worth your buck.

I don't want to raid in the parade. It seems good for those that like psychological horror. But, i'm not one of those. Totally checked out since i saw the demo. This didn't change my mind.

I hope the best for the franchise and its future endeavors. I am just not going to buy into it, like I did in the past. Don't think I am the demographic they want, and that is cool with me.

This game looks so bad as a Resident Evil game...

I already said it but I would be okay with this game if we had some sort first person action. Give us weapons and a few bullets to shoot stuff.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

I already said it but I would be okay with this game if we had some sort first person action. Give us weapons and a few bullets to shoot stuff.

As I could gather from the trailer, you play as some guy called Ethan and this trailer highlights him watching a video of her friend trying to run from this...eh, lady. Considering there was a weapon in the demo, and that the developer so far confirmed that green herbs are coming back, I think we can safely conclude there will be some sort of combat in it.

Wright said:

I'm really, really disliking more this game everytime I see something new about it. While I appreciate a more "horror" approach rather than the action-horror style that plagued Resident Evil after 4, this doesn't feel like it's trying to tie with anything Resident Evil did previously. Running away from one single enemy (Aside from avoiding that first zombie in RE1, I guess), who doesn't feel menacing enough? (I mean, I don't know the strenght of an old lady with a lantern on her hand, but...). Hiding behind a box that doesn't really feel like it's covering you enough, and that wouldn't have meant shit had the lady gone to the other door? The lady seems blind as fuck, though, and I know I might be nitpicking here but that's what I can gather from such trailer.

Also that edgy camera video effect while playing is...ugh. It's probably some kind of flashback (like the one on the RE7 demo, where you played as the paranormal reporter), so that girl either gets killed or Ethan is trying to find her, but still.

EDIT: honestly, I would have been more than satisfied with a game like RE5 or 4 and next-gen graphics, and some fanservice here and there.

EDIT 2: Or a goddamn new Revelations game! Revelations games are awesome, have a lot of fun extra content and they generally are worth your buck.

i dont see the big deal it plays pretty much clock tower now or haunting ground 

Ruler said:

i dont see the big deal it plays pretty much clock tower now or haunting ground 

Yes, but let me ask you this: what do you prefer, a Resident Evil game that plays like Haunting Ground...or Haunting Ground 2?

CaptainExplosion said:
At least it's not like 5 and 6.

You're right, sadly it's worst! :P

Wright said:
Anfebious said:

As I could gather from the trailer, you play as some guy called Ethan and this trailer highlights him watching a video of her friend trying to run from this...eh, lady. Considering there was a weapon in the demo, and that the developer so far confirmed that green herbs are coming back, I think we can safely conclude there will be some sort of combat in it.

Nice, that makes me a bit more hopeful about this game.

Still looks bad...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"