By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear is dead and Konami should sell the IP

Ruler said:

yeah like the westerners did with silent hill. Even a remake from MGS 1 by silicon knights turned out to be bad 

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is awesome, though.

Around the Network

Are you serious about Activision.Sony should own the IP.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

The new Metal Gear just seems like its cashing in on the series' name recognition. I wouldn't even be surprised if it originally started development under a completely different name, but Konami changed it at some point before the announcement. If the soldiers looked just slightly different, there would be almost nothing related to Metal Gear in the trailer.

Hynad said:
Luke888 said:
God bless us if Activision or EA buy MGS. It's better if Konami keeps it if those are the possible buyers.
SE would take forever to end the dvelopment of the game (just like when Kojima worked on it) and I don't know if they can make that kind of game...

Square Enix took forever to end development only for one game. So yeah... Your comment doesn't stand on much ground.

FFXV, KHIII and who knows when FFVII Remake will come out, it seems pretty clear to me that SE takes a lot of time to make their big scope titles, and I don't see them not making a big scope title out of Metal Gear

Luke888 said:
Hynad said:

Square Enix took forever to end development only for one game. So yeah... Your comment doesn't stand on much ground.

FFXV, KHIII, and who knows when FFVII Remake will come out, it seems pretty clear to me that SE takes a lot of time to make their big scope titles, and I don't see them not making a big scope title out of Metal Gear

Kingdom Hearts III? When did they announce they were working on it? They did take a while to announce that this game was going to be made. I'll give you that. But development hasn't taken long, so far.

So again, only one game. 

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Luke888 said:

FFXV, KHIII, and who knows when FFVII Remake will come out, it seems pretty clear to me that SE takes a lot of time to make their big scope titles, and I don't see them not making a big scope title out of Metal Gear

Kingdom Hearts III? When did they announce they were working on it? They did take a while to announce that this game was going to be made. I'll give you that. But development hasn't taken long, so far.

So again, only one game. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWs6Izs0ce8

announced 3 years ago, more than likely not releasing early next year, which means it'll come out more than 4 years after it's announcement...

I read the premise to Metal Gear Survivor and it's clear they're only trying to bank on the MG brand. I'll stay far away from Survivor.

Luke888 said:
Hynad said:

So again, only one game. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWs6Izs0ce8

announced 3 years ago, more than likely not releasing early next year, which means it'll come out more than 4 years after it's announcement...

And? 4-5 years is pretty standard for such games. How long do you think it took to make The Witcher 3, Skyrim, GTAV, Zelda BOTW or MGSV?

But what about Metal Gear Federation Force?

I'd suggest selling it to Sony, but, uh, I'm not really sure there's anything left to do with the franchise. MGS4 pretty decisively ended just about every major plot point from previous games that wasn't resolved already, and while I'd enjoy seeing another Metal Gear Rising, I don't think it'd be worth purchasing the whole IP for that alone.

I mean, they didn't even bothered to add a single player mode. Like one of Big Boss soldiers, stepping up and trying to help the others soldiers in order to escape from this alternative reality. In the meanwhile they could introduce some paranormal sci-fi villians that could make the game more interesting.

But noooooo.