By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5P Download vs Blu-Ray

Ok, I am going to get this game. The question is what one is better? Here are the pros of each one:

Blu-Ray Pros:

• I can take it to a friends house
  • it doesn't take up much HD space (it will in the future)
  • I can get it right away
  • Documentary movie about the history is the series
  • I can trade it in if I want (I am sure I won't however)

Download

• It's cheaper (I think)
  • I can play it without having to pt in the disk. Good for remote play. Adds another game I can play while away. It's also nice for being lazy.
  • It probably loads faster

Anyone know what version they are planing on getting, and why?

Around the Network

Well over here in the UK the game has been released and it is £24.99 on the PS Store but on Blu-ray stores are selling it for about £19.99 so it is actually cheaper to get the Blu-ray!

Also there is an install needed, i think it was something like 5.9GB from the Blu-ray :S

the blu-ray version is essentially the psn version on a blu-ray disc, so when you get it, it installs the WHOLE game locally, and the disc is only used to start up the game. the same happened with warhawk blu-ray. so the loading times will be exactly the same for both.

I would get it on disk. I always trust disks more than downloads, just in case you corrupt your hard drive somehow or erase the data or whatever. Theres no way you can erase a disk (although you can misplace it).

Discs FTW. Blu-Rays are more scratch resistant too, which helps alleviate that limitation.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

if you have the disc in your console you can play it with RP.. if it supports it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

DOATS1 said:
the blu-ray version is essentially the psn version on a blu-ray disc, so when you get it, it installs the WHOLE game locally, and the disc is only used to start up the game. the same happened with warhawk blu-ray. so the loading times will be exactly the same for both.

Ahh, well it's dick then. If load times are the same, and the hd is used the same, there is no reason for the DL other then remote play.

Thanks for the info! :) 

ssj12 said:
if you have the disc in your console you can play it with RP.. if it supports it.

Yea, I was just meaning I could put a different disk in, and have the option to play both.

Hey SSJ12, whats RP? as in "you can play it with RP"

coolestguyever said:
Hey SSJ12, whats RP? as in "you can play it with RP"

Remote play. Its quite simple, your PS3 is turned off, your out at some place lets say a mall, you want to play your ps3.. wait you have a psp! Turn on your psp, and click remote play(if you connected your ps3 to psp through activate system first) now you can use your ps3 from that mall hundreds of miles away from your house on your psp(if there is a wifi internet connection)

If GT5P supports Remote play, you can play it wherever you want on your psp in full Nexgen glory (minus HD).

mM