By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall 2 beta exclusive to consoles/Beta to start this weekend????

Chazore said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I understand what you're saying. Maybe he meant in regards to duration. Titanfall 2 will sell more than the first, with or without PS4.

More or less. The first was combined with PC, X360 and X1, I imagine the second title doing quite well too, though I doubt it's all going to be made possible just by the PS4 alone as one is making it out to be.

No you're just saying stuff I didn't say. I didn't say it wouldn't do well if it wasn't on PS4, just that it's a very large chunk of potential buyers to miss out on. The longer you restrict yourself the longer you stunt fanbase growth hence damaging it. Since the PS4 install base is twice the size, you're stunting a large amount of potential fanbase growth. 

Around the Network
Chazore said:

lionpetercarmoo said:

I don't think you understand. PC is more flexible than Console so people on PC can easily dig up the information.

I don't think you understand that in the past information from console games have been leaked just as easily. Digging up information about a game for console isn't some ancient myth either.

Ok you keep on saying in the past, PC games get leaked everytime their is a game that has a big fanbase.

How do we get into beta? Will they announce a sign up or is it an open beta?

SWORDF1SH said:

No you're just saying stuff I didn't say. I didn't say it wouldn't do well if it wasn't on PS4, just that it's a very large chunk of potential buyers to miss out on. The longer you restrict yourself the longer you stunt fanbase growth hence damaging it. Since the PS4 install base is twice the size, you're stunting a large amount of potential fanbase growth. 

Which can amount to the game as "not doing well" by missing out on that base. The same could be said for the other platforms, it's not just PS4 strictly speaking. I haven't seen you bring this stunted growth issue towards Xbox, Nintendo and PC.

lionpetercarmoo said:

Ok you keep on saying in the past, PC games get leaked everytime their is a game that has a big fanbase.

Whatever you say.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Which can amount to the game as "not doing well" by missing out on that base. The same could be said for the other platforms, it's not just PS4 strictly speaking. I haven't seen you bring this stunted growth issue towards Xbox, Nintendo and PC.

lionpetercarmoo said:

Whatever you say.

Let's change 'not doing well' to 'not doing as well' and that's what I'm clearly implying. I don't think I can put it across any clearer, I'm not being vague.

And of course keeping a game off any platform will stunt the fanbase growth, why wouldn't it? But since Xbox One install base is half the size it would do less damage, but that's just basic common sense. 

Also I think the start of a new IP is normally when you see the biggest fanbase growth,  so if you miss big platforms within the first couple of installments, that's when you'll stunt the biggest growth. Let's say Titanfall 1 and 2 came to all platforms and then decided to make 3 Xbox exclusive, that would stunt the fanbase less than making the first installment exclusive. 

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
Mowco said:
Wow that signature bait! 10/10

Its an aggressivly abrasive community. 

His signature is funny considering I've pulled him up on untruths in the past xD 

OT: Glad they focused on consoles.  The pc version of the first was on sale for $5 in less than a year.  A ton of people bought that and yet the pc online is deader than a dodo.  If they're only focusing on 2 platforms the ps4/X1 is the obvious choice. 

SWORDF1SH said:

Let's change 'not doing well' to 'not doing as well' and that's what I'm clearly implying. I don't think I can put it across any clearer, I'm not being vague.

And of course keeping a game off any platform will stunt the fanbase growth, why wouldn't it? But since Xbox One install base is half the size it would do less damage, but that's just basic common sense. 

Also I think the start of a new IP is normally when you see the biggest fanbase growth,  so if you miss big platforms within the first couple of installments, that's when you'll stunt the biggest growth. Let's say Titanfall 1 and 2 came to all platforms and then decided to make 3 Xbox exclusive, that would stunt the fanbase less than making the first installment exclusive. 

As well, we may as well be getting into specifics if we're trying to go with that middleground type implication.

It would still do damage none the less, you make it sound like the less damage done to a game without XBox or Nintendo is a drop in the pan, again this just makes me want to go back to specifics if we're going to make the PS4 look like David versus Goliath.

We'll see how that turns out with the latest Tomb Raider near the end of this year.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

I find it funny how a cheap sale = dead game. Especially since the first game didn't have dedicated servers, mod support, a proper server browser and being strapped to Origin, a store client that isn't anywhere near as popular and used as Steam, but yeah sure lets bait that base of users without research as to what causes the decline. Makes me wonder where the console TF2 community is these days compared to the PC one, surely there must be a few reasons as to why that community is dead as a dodo. 

Chazore said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

I understand what you're saying. Maybe he meant in regards to duration. Titanfall 2 will sell more than the first, with or without PS4.

More or less. The first was combined with PC, X360 and X1, I imagine the second title doing quite well too, though I doubt it's all going to be made possible just by the PS4 alone as one is making it out to be.

TF1 on Xbone still has 4-5k players every time I log on. The addition of SP alone will add tons of sales. It will do way better on Xbone/PC than the first. I wouldn't call skipping PS4 on the first one a mistake by default either, because if Respawn didn't make the deal with MS then they'd have had to get more money from EA, and give up the IP in return, and who fucking knows where we are if that happens.

Either way I am glad everyone gets a chance to experience this, and I might triple dip. Will at least double dip on consoles.

LudicrousSpeed said:

TF1 on Xbone still has 4-5k players every time I log on. The addition of SP alone will add tons of sales. It will do way better on Xbone/PC than the first. I wouldn't call skipping PS4 on the first one a mistake by default either, because if Respawn didn't make the deal with MS then they'd have had to get more money from EA, and give up the IP in return, and who fucking knows where we are if that happens.

Either way I am glad everyone gets a chance to experience this, and I might triple dip. Will at least double dip on consoles.

Just as well EA didn't buy the IP from them, but still good enough of them to make the first one happen.

I just nabbed this from TF reddit lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/4xvdrb/interview_with_a_titanfall_developer_regarding_pc/

Man some people really work fast.