By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Titanfall 2 beta exclusive to consoles/Beta to start this weekend????

Well there could be a slew of other reasons for the PC shaft and they are just using this as an excuse. Personally I am torn on the issue between wanting to read every single thing I can about every map, weapon and ability in the game, and maybe wanting to be surprised. Though I guess most of that will be ruined by the beta anyway.

I'm not worried about the SP bleeding into the MP. It seems like the SP is a big story about your connection with your Titan. In MP that can't really be an issue or big element. I just worry about them adding in too much shit. A lot of people complained about there not being enough of a carrot to chase with the original. It's sad when near perfect gameplay is no longer good enough, you gotta have a progression bar to fill at all times.

Around the Network

Looks a good step up from the first. Thankfully they won't damage the IP any more by releasing on the largest active console user base by far.
I will have to check out the beta.

SWORDF1SH said:
Looks a good step up from the first. Thankfully they won't damage the IP any more by releasing on the largest active console user base by far.

It wasn't going to be damaged any "further" if it didn't.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Of course it is. What do you think happens when you don't release on the biggest active console platform? You prevent your IP from growing significantly. How is that even questioned? 

Chazore said:
As long as the PC multiplayer isn't fucked over and includes an actual server browser, I honestly don't mind not having a beta MP.

"Our wonderfully curious PC players have proven in the past that they will dig out anything they can, and there's a risk that they could spoil some of our single player."

Lol only those people though, not like humans in general are curious at all to know anything they wish to. Also there has been info dug up from many a game in the past that has been related to consoles. Honestly seems like a daft reason tbh, though this makes me hope that their SP is damn well amazing if they need to keep it so tightly wrapped, I'm talking GOTY award type amazing, otherwise don't sell yourself too far if you aren't going to deliver in full.

"Rest assured we’re confident in our ability to deliver a great PC experience for launch. We appreciate your understanding, and we look forward to seeing everyone on The Frontier this October. "

That seems to be a solid and solemn promise, I'll be holding them to the note when the game launches, if it's in a terrible state then they are likely to get lynched by a crowd or two. Won't be pre-ordering the game though, I don't see any reason to, never did for the last one either.

I don't think you understand. PC is more flexible than Console so people on PC can easily dig up the information.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I understand what you're saying. Maybe he meant in regards to duration. Titanfall 2 will sell more than the first, with or without PS4.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Chazore said:

I understand what you're saying. Maybe he meant in regards to duration. Titanfall 2 will sell more than the first, with or without PS4.

They want this IP to be Cod big and you're not going to do that if you prevent building up your new IP on the significant larger (twice as large) console base. Missing the first on PS4 as already done damage to IP growth, they aren't going to make the same mistake. 

Looking forward to it.

lionpetercarmoo said:

I don't think you understand. PC is more flexible than Console so people on PC can easily dig up the information.

I don't think you understand that in the past information from console games have been leaked just as easily. Digging up information about a game for console isn't some ancient myth either.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

LudicrousSpeed said:

More or less. The first was combined with PC, X360 and X1, I imagine the second title doing quite well too, though I doubt it's all going to be made possible just by the PS4 alone as one is making it out to be.