Final Fantasy IV (II in the US) 11 4.82%

Final Fantasy VI (III in the US) 32 14.04%

Super Castlevania IV 12 5.26%

Contra III 6 2.63%

Secret of Mana 19 8.33%

ActRaiser 4 1.75%

Other 31 13.60%

Total:228

It may seem hard to believe today, but there was a time when Nintendo consoles had fantastic third party support. 

What do you think was the best third party game for Nintendo's 4th gen system?

Around the Network

I loved Secret of Mana. Great art work, good combat system and an all around awesome adventure with 2 friends.

top gear, chrono trigger

Probably Super Castlevania IV.

Gotta go with Final Fantasy VI, which outdid even Nintendo's best efforts on SNES. The best game of the 4th gen and the best turn-based RPG ever made, in my mind.

Chrono Trigger and Super Street Fighter II are also top contenders.

Around the Network

Rock 'n Roll Racing

Oh, yeah. ,,/

SpokenTruth said:
curl-6 said:

It may seem hard to believe today, but there was a time when Nintendo consoles had fantastic third party support. 

What do you think was the best third party game for Nintendo's 4th gen system?

I give you full props for your list.  The inclusion of ActRaiser is especially welcomed.

My answer.....all of them.  Gems of a bygone era.  Quality from a time when more effort was placed upon the development of the game than the markeing tie in .

Hear, hear.

In my opinion, Chrono Trigger is better than any game on the SNES, including those made by Nintendo.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Q/微信158167775办理国外大学毕业证成绩单和教育部学历学位认证★诚招代理★

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Gotta go with Final Fantasy VI, which outdid even Nintendo's best efforts on SNES. The best game of the 4th gen and the best turn-based RPG ever made, in my mind.

Chrono Trigger and Super Street Fighter II are also top contenders.

Those were exactly the others in the running for my favorite (well, technically SF2 Turbo, but still).