By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Gran Turismo 6 sold 5 million and and GT5 sold 12 million!

So to put a logical spin on the difference in sales, its all about the PS4 really. We all get that. GT Sport will help us establish real world interest in the series. I expect 10 million in sales over 5 years.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
walsufnir said:

Apparently Kerotan's not so much as many people in this thread are still active and only one is permabanned - and was the biggest GT fan on this site.

I dunno if ethomaz was the biggest fan, he was just quite vocal for his prefference for PS stuff.

DonFerrari, Svennoj and I are pretty big fans of the franchise.

Ethomaz is permabanned?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Better than I expected again.

Kerotan said:
walsufnir said:

Perhaps check before making such statements (I don't even remember that I made the thread though and won't check before tomorrow).

I more meant the general haters from back then.  most of them left since the Playstation domination returned.  the remaining few posters like yourself I'd class as genuine not haters who don't leave when their preferred systems fall behind. 

The site lost a lot of haters from all sides, to be honest.

BraLoD said:
walsufnir said:

Apparently Kerotan's not so much as many people in this thread are still active and only one is permabanned - and was the biggest GT fan on this site.

I dunno if ethomaz was the biggest fan, he was just quite vocal for his prefference for PS stuff.

DonFerrari, Svennoj and I are pretty big fans of the franchise.

Still am... but I have to concede that Svennoj is a better racer than me at least on DC. His time were always a couples ms better than mine. And ethomaz got the GT5 platinum I couldn't. GT6 was so much easier to plat.

Mr Puggsly said:
DonFerrari said:

No my "boasting" is that even though GT6 is the lowest selling mainline GT to date it still wasn't surpassed by a Forza in sales.

Both games are similar in scope, so it will be very hard to defend Forza is much cheaper to make considering they need a yearly output between Motorsport and Horizon.

The Forza sim games could be annual. They would just sell less DLC and save that for the next year. Forza 6 has a ton of DLC. But having a Forza sim and Horizon biannual is a better strategy, less fatigue for fans and more improvments.

Youre right, Forza hasnt surpassed GT in a single release. But Forza has moved a lot more units since the release of GT6. Its just a different strategy and probably more profitable for MS.

I think Sony wants more frequent releases of GT as well but their studio cant seem to get it done. They had to even refund people for GT Sport.

I didn't said Forza sim is annual, what I said is since they have a forza per year (motorsport and horizon alternating) we could put the 300 people on 1 year window or 150 people on 2 year window (unless we hear the team got bigger) so it would have a similar budget to GT 100 team over 3 years (even though GT5 and GT7 will take more than the average 3 years on the series).

So your comparison is comparing GT6 alone against 3 forza to make it more pumped? Ok I guess, but if you want to say 3 games costed the same as one I would have to strongly disagree.

Sony is a lot more open with their studios on this point, very different from MS that want to push Halo, Gears and Forza on schedule no matter what. I would like to see MS allowing ND to drop Uncharted or TLOU, GoW, GT, etc if the team wanted to.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Wow at gt3 numbers

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

Still am... but I have to concede that Svennoj is a better racer than me at least on DC. His time were always a couples ms better than mine. And ethomaz got the GT5 platinum I couldn't. GT6 was so much easier to plat.

I said you are...

Reinforcing

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

I think GT lost it's audience to Forza. The forza series has regular upgrades and keeps a satisfying level of quality while alternating with the more arcade sub-series. This built the brand, even though i think they overdid it.

But polyphony is the exact opposite. They are histically slow at developing GT entries and that has been diluting the brand. GT6 is an amazing game, but it was too late. GT sport is not the sequal fans want and also got delayed.

Sony built a big brand with GT but it's letting it slip. They have to bet big on it and instead of laying off evolution studios, they should have made them work on an Horizon version of GT rather than calling it driv club and positioning it as a competitor of GT.

Quite honestly, as much as i like Yoshida, he is not doing a very good job in this regard. Sony needs to get serious about GT or they will be wasting alot of potencial revenue. If it isn't too late already. Myriad of poor decisions i must say.

BraLoD said:
DonFerrari said:

Reinforcing

Your post count... and mine too, lol.

Every post count, even more when it's filled with love for GT.

Nem said:
I think GT lost it's audience to Forza. The forza series has regular upgrades and keeps a satisfying level of quality while alternating with the more arcade sub-series. This built the brand, even though i think they overdid it.

But polyphony is the exact opposite. They are histically slow at developing GT entries and that has been diluting the brand. GT6 is an amazing game, but it was too late. GT sport is not the sequal fans want and also got delayed.

Sony built a big brand with GT but it's letting it slip. They have to bet big on it and instead of laying off evolution studios, they should have made them work on an Horizon version of GT rather than calling it driv club and positioning it as a competitor of GT.

Quite honestly, as much as i like Yoshida, he is not doing a very good job in this regard. Sony needs to get serious about GT or they will be wasting alot of potencial revenue. If it isn't too late already. Myriad of poor decisions i must say.

You wish, but wish very hard.

GT is a game people starve for. While Forza is more on the 1-2M sales without heavy bundling.

And about satisfying level of quality, there haven't been any drop in quality on GT. The complains we have are the moronic "diss the standard car" "I can't stand having 800 PS2 models in my game even if I don't have to choose it".

A very good reason to diss Evo studios instead of calling DC a Gran Turismo Horizonesque is that it would impact the franchise on the bad reception that game got.

the Go-karting race part of GT6 alone is better than a lot of racing games I have played. And almost platined Project Cars and it's a very weak game compared to GT.

walsufnir said:
Kerotan said:

I more meant the general haters from back then.  most of them left since the Playstation domination returned.  the remaining few posters like yourself I'd class as genuine not haters who don't leave when their preferred systems fall behind. 

The site lost a lot of haters from all sides, to be honest.

That is indeed true!