By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Pokémon and Alola form leaked !

Einsam_Delphin said:
JWeinCom said:

You're right.  I got confused and thought fairy resisted fire, but it's the other way around.  It does take away it's bug weakness, although that's not all that important.  

Still though, it resists electric, water, grass,  fighting, dark, ground, and is immune to dragon, and can hit all of those for stab.  Meanwhile, it's weak to fire, steel, ice, flying, and 4x poison. 

So, 6 resistances and one immunity vs 4 weaknesses and one 4x weakness.  Pretty good balance, especially considering that on the whole it's weaknesses are less detrimental than its resistances are helpful.  At the very least, it will be easy to switch this thing in.  Obviously can't really judge before knowing its stats and moves, but definitely a type combination with some potential.

Good points, though Whimsicott hasn't too done much from my experience, but then again it doesn't have the stats to really take advantage of either the offensive or defensive capabilitys of it's type combo. Hopefully the Morelull line will be better at that!

Totally forgot about that guy.  I haven't used Whimsicott, but it seems like it should be decent for UU and viable in OU.  Prankster is a really great ability, especially for something that has that many resistances and also can use encore, stun sport, leech seed, tail wing, memento, and a whole lot of other support moves.  Should be able to switch in and set up without much problem, then use memento get away quickly and give another pokemon an essentially free turn to set up.

Around the Network

Morelull actually has me really intrigued with what they could do with the evos. For those who don't know, it's based on a fairy ring, which is a real life phenomenon where mushrooms will grow in a circular formation making a ring in the grass. Lots of superstitions surround them in cultures. It would be cool if it evolved into a full ring of mushrooms, maybe with little pixie-like fairies sitting atop just to give it a cool mythological flair. 

Darn leaks ruined the trailer, but it's still nice to see everything in motion. Hopefully the dolphin pokemon gets revealed next month!

tbone51 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Good points, though Whimsicott hasn't too done much from my experience, but then again it doesn't have the stats to really take advantage of either the offensive or defensive capabilitys of it's type combo. Hopefully the Morelull line will be better at that!

Dont forget when playing competitive play a pokemon that does something better than another will automatically knock it down a tier (if its basically the same thing, ex Swampert > Whiscash).

That said i think Whismicott was used alot in Gen 5 but gen 6 it died off. Its a prankster pokemon, forget who but others do it better than itself (like klefki?)

what are you talking about ? Whimsicott is one of the most used prankster Pokémon in VGC/doubles since it's the fastest Pokémon with the Ability, plus it's one of the few that learns Encore which is extremely effective when opponents try to setup...

Luke888 said:
tbone51 said:

Dont forget when playing competitive play a pokemon that does something better than another will automatically knock it down a tier (if its basically the same thing, ex Swampert > Whiscash).

That said i think Whismicott was used alot in Gen 5 but gen 6 it died off. Its a prankster pokemon, forget who but others do it better than itself (like klefki?)

what are you talking about ? Whimsicott is one of the most used prankster Pokémon in VGC/doubles since it's the fastest Pokémon with the Ability, plus it's one of the few that learns Encore which is extremely effective when opponents try to setup...

My bad lol. Them talking got me thinking they were hit in gen 6. In doubles the biggest prankster gpes to thunderus. Maybe thats were im gettin confused at!