By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario World, or Mario 64?

Tagged games:

Which is better?

Super Mario World 95 48.22%

Super Mario 64 102 51.78%

Total:197

In the last poll, Mario 64 overcame Yoshi's Island, but how will it fare against the original SNES Mario blockbuster, Super Mario World?

Which do you think is the better game, and why?

Around the Network

Remake Super Mario 64 in HD and I'll easily take it over World.

3d land and world are still remarkable though. Can't believe both of them had negative responses during announcement

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

If I had to live with only one, SMW.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Super Mario World, just like Yoshi´s Island, has aged way better.

I much prefer Super Mario 64.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

Around the Network

Super Mario World. Nothing else Nintendo did comes close to it.

Old gamer here. With no question - Mario 64. SM World was a great game by any account. But it wasn't terribly revolutionary after an already stellar SMB3 for the NES. At the time, most awards actually went to Sonic in head to head matchups with SM World. But Mario 64 was the first truly successful conversion of a 2D platformer franchise to 3D. The SMB games were known for having the finest control of any platformer series, and up to that point in time, nobody had made a 3D platformer that controlled well. There was simply no room for error with such an important series. And Nintendo pulled off what many people thought couldn't be done. It was declared by more than one publication to be not only the best SM game, but the greatest game that had ever been made to date. Nintendo taught the industry how to do it, being the first to figure out the controls, the camera automation and control, the puzzle play, etc. Over the decades, there were games that changed the direction of games. That was one of them.

Mario 64. It was a huge leap forward.

Mario World just felt like Mario 3 DLC.

Aaah! Tough one! SM64 is my game of its respective generation and of great historical significance so... gonna go with that.

64 by far.