By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So it only took hours for people to land on the same planet and meet up in No Man's Sky

Tagged games:

Sighh, I always wanted this game to have some sort of an online interaction cause it really would be the perfect game for it but alas... Maybe they will add it in in a future update or something.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

This game seems like a monumental missed opportunity for something truly special. It just kills me.

Wright said:

Considering everything that has been said about the game, I don't think these two players can't interact at all. It's not a server issue, it's the fact that the game is supposed to be played solo.

Yeah that's what I heard too, I think the only multiplayer thing you can do is name planets (and species?) that you find first. Also OP, that reddit thread is a lot more positive then I thought it was going to be.

onionberry said:
so the developer lied about that aspect, right? because they were in the same spot and nothing.

No Man’s Sky isn’t a multiplayer game, in as much as you’ll never see another player. But the galaxy is the same between everyone and actions of “significance” will be shared. If you kill a single bird, that won’t be shared. If you make an entire species of bird extinct, then those creatures will blink out of existence for everyone.

Let's burn 'em on the stake guys.

WoW

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
onionberry said:
so the developer lied about that aspect, right? because they were in the same spot and nothing.

No Man’s Sky isn’t a multiplayer game, in as much as you’ll never see another player. But the galaxy is the same between everyone and actions of “significance” will be shared. If you kill a single bird, that won’t be shared. If you make an entire species of bird extinct, then those creatures will blink out of existence for everyone.

but here is the interview, at 1:00 he says "yeah, you can play with your friends if that's what you want.

so, that's a lie, right?

Teeqoz said:
onionberry said:

To be fair...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Leadified said:
Wright said:

Considering everything that has been said about the game, I don't think these two players can't interact at all. It's not a server issue, it's the fact that the game is supposed to be played solo.

Yeah that's what I heard too, I think the only multiplayer thing you can do is name planets (and species?) that you find first. Also OP, that reddit thread is a lot more positive then I thought it was going to be.

The problem is how Sean approached the question. "Can I see other players in NMS?"

"That's not what the game is about, chances are really really low" etc.

He could have just said "No", but idk, that's not good for the multiplayer crowd that wants the game?

I mean, gamers were also really obnoxious. Multiple times it was denied, and they kept asking. And people still believe there is a legitimate chance...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

onionberry said:

but here is the interview, at 1:00 he says "yeah, you can play with your friends if that's what you want.

so, that's a lie, right?

Captain_Yuri said:

To be fair...

This reminds me of that other video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4

onionberry said:
Teeqoz said:

so, that's a lie, right?

He also says that there won't be NPCs in the game.... it's 2 years old lol. Things change. But they have talked about a dedicated multiplayer mode, maybe that will be added later.