By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - StarCraft HD is reported to be in the works

Ka-pi96 said:
Will probably be exclusive to their own store so I won't buy it. Would if it were on Steam or even console though.

Blizzard hasn't really sold their games on Steam before, I don't think they ever will either. Also I don't see them making it for consoles either considering that II for the apst 6 years hasn't touched last or current gen either, in fact you hardly see an abundance of RTS games on consoles compared to PC due to the way they work with K+M and the userbase being on PC.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I lost countless hours of my youth to the original. I will not do that again as an adult. Aw, who am I kidding? I'm in!

Ka-pi96 said:
Mbolibombo said:

Why is that a dealbreaker for you?

No achievements = no buy for me (unless it has Pokemon in).

Well.. Starcraft II had achievements. Why couldnt Starcraft remake have it as well? ^^ But I know your kind, achievement hunters. My brother bought Witcher 3 on gog at release and once it was released on steam he bought it there as well just so that he could get those achievements hehe

Soleron said:
What they did to Starcraft 2 killed all interest I have in their RTS games.

me too, SC2 is pretty much an atempt by Blizzard to make a HD SC1 but worse as they moved around the units without brining anything really new.

I hope they keep the 2D sprite graphics and just increase the reseolution and improve UI, more isnt really needed in the first SC

Chazore said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Will probably be exclusive to their own store so I won't buy it. Would if it were on Steam or even console though.

Blizzard hasn't really sold their games on Steam before, I don't think they ever will either. Also I don't see them making it for consoles either considering that II for the apst 6 years hasn't touched last or current gen either, in fact you hardly see an abundance of RTS games on consoles compared to PC due to the way they work with K+M and the userbase being on PC.

You dont see any RTS games in general, mobas arent RTS games

Around the Network

Awesome Broodwar is my favorite RTS of all time and it really needs an HD Upgrade, and of course they will leave game mechanics untouched as it would change the game and that I think is not their aim.

Ruler said:
Soleron said:
What they did to Starcraft 2 killed all interest I have in their RTS games.

me too, SC2 is pretty much an atempt by Blizzard to make a HD SC1 but worse as they moved around the units without brining anything really new.

I hope they keep the 2D sprite graphics and just increase the reseolution and improve UI, more isnt really needed in the first SC

SC2 is a completely different game from Broodwar... SC2 Is not an attempt to make an HD SC1... They just have classic units inside the game to feel familiar, but I don't know at what level of gameplay do you play, but I can assure you that the games are very, very different mechanically and strategy wise. 

pd: I have played both games extensively and I do prefer Broodwar over SC2 (and find Broodwar to be superior), but thats not to say that SC2 is a bad game like all people try to look cool saying so... SC2 is still miles ahead of any other competitive RTS if you compare it with other games in the genre. So plz stop with the sensationalist attacks... or at least give arguments to validate your points

I really loved SC1, I played it to death. But it is oooooold... Do people really wanna play it again?
Story is a lot better than SC2 though

Ruler said:

You dont see any RTS games in general, mobas arent RTS games

We actually do, just not ones I'm particularly interested in. 

2016:

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada

Total War: Arena

Total War: Warhammer

Cossacks 3

Kingdom Under Fire II

Champions of Anteria

8-Bit Armies

2015:

Legacy of the Void

Act of Aggression

Grey Goo

Age of Empires II HD: The African Kingdoms

Planetary annihilation Titans

Etherium

Age of Mythology Extended Edition

Homeworld Remastered

Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons

Blitzkrieg 3

Grand Ages: Medieval

The one RTS game that touched only one console last year was Grand Ages: Medieval.

Majority of RTS let alone 4X games hardly touch consoles and are still alive on PC. What I want more of though is C&C/AoE/Supreme Commander and Warcraft, apart from that the genre is still very much alive, it just doesn't have many titles I'm interested in. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

As someone who started with Wings of Liberty but always heard so much great stuff about the originals im stoked!
If this is even half as awesome as the SC2 Standard output we got over the past years we are in for a treat!

The new guy.

Sorry for possible mistakes, not a native speaker!

Waiting for Starcraft U. I'm really not fond of the new Battle.net, so even if this would sound good, bnet is a little turn-off these days.

SC2 I decided to skip (at least until all three games are released in the same pack).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.