By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Olympics Rio 2016 thread - USA Get Most Golds, 2nd GB, 3rd China

Tagged games:

The Fury said:
S.Peelman said:

Our swimming's not going very well this Olympics it seems. At least we have two boxers advancing a round for the first time in decades. Also a great win on Women's Road Cycling yesterday!

The medal table in OP is wrong by the way, Netherlands has a Gold, not a Bronze.

EDIT: And so does Belgium.

The table I copied wasn't displaying properly when I submitted, replaced with a different one. I need to find a better one to copy and paste, the google one doesn't delete properly when I need to replace it and the wiki one doesn't compile correctly.... and I'm too lazy to make my own. :P

Oh lol, I get it. XD

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

Oh lol, I get it. XD

I'll only update it once in my morning when things are done each day, easier that way.

Watching the rowing at the moment, Germany and Britain storming it as usual.

Hmm, pie.

Watched the Women's 48kg weight lifting; well done to Thailand, Indonesia and Japan on medaling.

Very proud of American Morghan King with a strong 6th place with 183kg

The Fury said:
S.Peelman said:

Oh lol, I get it. XD

I'll only update it once in my morning when things are done each day, easier that way.

Watching the rowing at the moment, Germany and Britain storming it as usual.

Also saw that, the British won with like a two boatlenghts lead and the Germans in the other race never even broke a sweat. 0.0

All of the hypocrites and media going on about China's Sun Yang and Russian athletes for doping. The banning of the Russian Para-olympic team is a breach of human rights and is an injustice to all people with disabilities.

Around the Network

I missed the trap annoyingly, love watching that. We got a bronze in it.

Medal table updated.

Hmm, pie.

is there at least one athlete who isn't doped at this point?

Sprash said:
is there at least one athlete who isn't doped at this point?

Yes, most of them. Probably most of the Russian ones too. However, Can we believe what we are seeing? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/37019086

The greatest cheat of them all got away with it at first and only latr did Lance Armstrong get his titles removed from the record.

Hmm, pie.

Still no medals... God damn it! :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
WoodenPints said:

Anyone else enjoying the Judo? I watched it properly for the first time during the Beijing Olympics with only the basic knowledge of the rules but since then at any games I've always watched it and it's became one of my favourite events.

I tried watching it, but I don't really get it. It seems to just be wrestling, except it's possible to score points although it doesn't happen often.

Let me try to explain if briefly:

The objective is to throw the opponent on his back on the floor. The technique used must have three elements: power, speed, accuracy.

If the technique is perfect (ippon), it´s worth a full point and the bout ends. If it lacks one element, it´s a wazari (half point). If it lacks two elements, it´s a yuko (1/4 point).

Warnings can be given for irregular moves (punches, direct kicks etc.) or for passivity (lack of combativeness). Three warnings = a yuko. Warnings also count for tie breaking, if no fighter is able to land any technique.

WoodenPrints...if there´s any mistake please correct me.