By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Olympics Rio 2016 thread - USA Get Most Golds, 2nd GB, 3rd China

Tagged games:

Congrats to Brazil! That's the only medal Brazilians actually cared about so it's good to see them win.
Brazil was the better team in this game so they deserved to win.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

Boom!!!About fuckin time.

vivster said:
Calling it now, Brazil takes this. They have the better keeper.

You are an analytic wizard!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BraLoD said:
okr said:

Congratz to Brazil. Now your team has finally won a final at Maracanã. About time.

That was the 5th game against Germany on Maracanã, never lost one...

My post wasn't about Germany (I rooted for Brazil this time btw, I think winning a silver medal in this stadium is a great enough achievement for this promising German youth team), my post was about Maracanã.

Honest question, because I don't know: Has Brazil won a final before in this legendary stadium or is this the first time?

BraLoD said:
okr said:

My post wasn't about Germany (I rooted for Brazil tihs time btw, I think winning a silver medal in this stadium is a great enough achievement for this promising German youth team), my post was about Maracanã.

Honest question, because I don't know: Has Brazil won a final before in this legendary stadium or is this the first time?

3rd final, 2nd title.

We steamrolled Spain in 2013 here on Confederations Cup final. Only lost to Uruguai in 1950.

Ah okay. Less finals in this stadium than I thought. I imagined there were maybe a few Copa America finals I didn't know about.

I already wrote two days ago in this thread that I think (and secretly hoped) Brasil will win this final. Congratz to all Brasil football fans.

Around the Network

Congrats Brazil, I know that one was the gold that meant the most to you.

Well done.

Player2 said:

Congrats to our girls for winning their first medal ever in basketball.

Also worth noting that USA's women basketball team play way better that the men. Sure, the boys are stronger, jump higher and can do more flashy stuff, but the girls have way better basketball fundamentals and attack with elaborated plays.

Are you a white knight feminist by chance? Because the guys would absolutely obliterate the women at basketball.

Romania was absolute trash at Rio 2016. Only 4 medals, 2 of which were bronze! For fuck's sake....

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

RolStoppable said:
Metroid33slayer said:

Are you a white knight feminist by chance? Because the guys would absolutely obliterate the women at basketball.

Are you a hardcore sexist? It looks like you can't handle positivity when it's about women.

I'm all for positivity but not when it is totally removed from reality, saying the women play better than the men is a mental thing to say. You're accusing me of sexism for stating the truth. Feminist logic.

First Volleyball set won by Brazil, Italy really got stuck on that 12th point...