By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Fantastic Beast Sequel Announced for November 16, 2018

http://deadline.com/2016/08/harry-potter-fantastic-beasts-sequel-release-date-david-yates-jk-rowling-warner-bros-1201797777/

Warner Brothers seem to be wanting their number one spot back from Universal and Disney. I am personally excited as I love universe building franchises, and I feel this is a good move as it showcases the potiential environment of the world leading up to rise of dark arts. 

The first movie is not yet, but you will bet that half the people will love it and the half will hate it and claim JK Rowling sold out. 

Also I added the first movie's trailer here. 

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
What is all this even about?

It takes place in the Harry Potter universe in New York in the 20s, where Newt releases a bunch of wild magical animals by accident and has to get them all back. 

spurgeonryan said:
Will there be younger versions of any of the old wizards from Harry Potter in it?

Not confirmed yet, but I imagine between the two movies we will get Dumbledore and possibly Gellert, I imagine this is all leading to why Gellert is how he is. Maybe a lot more adults from Harry Potter universe might have some reference.