By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TGS 2016, days for jrpg's lovers

konnichiwa said:

Well I felt like some were announced before like Nioh.

You mean announced in 2005? lol

Around the Network
Boutros said:
konnichiwa said:

Well I felt like some were announced before like Nioh.

You mean announced in 2005? lol

I think it was 2004 but they announced talked about the game a couple of years aswell the platform just changed.

BasilZero said:
XanderXT said:

But I want my J-Pop Roy! Or an actual Lyn!

What the heck is that doing here?

Whooops :P

Forgot the thread was about RPGs only XD

Damn it, woman.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

So let's hope that they have learned, prepared something great for the anniversary;)

Yeah, hopefully we'll find out soon enough!

Tgs should be the right place to announce it, i'm vey confident it will happen there

BraLoD said:
konnichiwa said:

I think it was 2004 but they announced talked about the game a couple of years aswell the platform just changed.

Nioh was completely dropped after some time.
I believe it was first mentioned during 2003, unveiled 2004 and at TGS 2005, then the PS3 came, and came the excuses for some time and they just dropped it all together.
What we have now just have the name of the old game supposed to be Nioh (actually not even it, as the name was Ni-Oh), it was completely reborn as a Souls-like exactly because of its popularity surge during last gen and is now a completely new game.

Even if it was tecnically announced way back then, last year TGS is indeed an announcement for a new game, with also tecnically even a new name.

But they didn't drop it,they were talking about the alpha stage in 2012 and in 2014 we know it was still in the works and at that point everyone mentioned it is going to be a PS4 game now.

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:
AZWification said:

Yeah, hopefully we'll find out soon enough!

Tgs should be the right place to announce it, i'm vey confident it will happen there

If Square Enix is serious about winning us back, then they will announce it. I do wonder if they'll ever make another Chrono game. That's the only thing missing right now!

AZWification said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

If Square Enix is serious about winning us back, then they will announce it. I do wonder if they'll ever make another Chrono game. That's the only thing missing right now!

Don't remember me that, i'm waiting for 20 years for sequel. I must say that i liked crono cross on playstation too, the combat system was interesting, but it's hard to believe that SE will revive that ip, but many fans would be very happy, if it would

ZODIARKrebirth said:
AZWification said:

Don't remember me that, i'm waiting for 20 years for sequel. I must say that i liked crono cross on playstation too, the combat system was interesting, but it's hard to believe that SE will revive that ip, but many fans would be very happy, if it would

i don't see why they wouldn't when they keep making Star Ocean and Drakengard games which sell less than Chrono Cross.

AZWification said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

i don't see why they wouldn't when they keep making Star Ocean and Drakengard games which sell less than Chrono Cross.

It could happen, but it's not only a question if they want to make it...maybe they want, they want to make a sequel with the original team, like they do with ff vii remake, or how much money the want spend for a sequel, an aaa project or like star ocean...but SE has many great old ip's that could be revived and i don't understand why they don't do it, think of vagrant story, xenogears, threads of fate, parasite eve...

ZODIARKrebirth said:
AZWification said:

It could happen, but it's not only a question if they want to make it...maybe they want, they want to make a sequel with the original team, like they do with ff vii remake, or how much money the want spend for a sequel, an aaa project or like star ocean...but SE has many great old ip's that could be revived and i don't understand why they don't do it, think of vagrant story, xenogears, threads of fate, parasite eve...

Xenogears probably won't get revived due to Takahashi being at Monolith Soft, Parasite Eve did get revived for the PSP but it wasn't all that good and I can't say much for the others. In regards to Chrono, they would have to make a new one with younger devs like they are doing with Mana since getting Sakaguchi back would be a tad bit difficult.