By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Okami be a successful affair for Wii gamers?

I'm just a little affraid that this game turns out to be another unnoticed gem, like Zack and Wiki. I think that reviews for Okami are going to be great, it's looking awesome, and will be one of the best third party games for the Wii.

To all Wii owners: don't let this one slip by! Campcom is really backing our beloved Wii with great games, let's support them.

So, who's intending to get a copy of Okami?

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird. 

Around the Network

I never played Okami for the PS2 so I'm definitely taking the opportunity to get it now.

I already have it for PS2...undecided if it´s worth getting it again for motion controls.

Considering how little it cost them to port it, it will surely prove profitable.

There is a lack of titles like this on the wii... I doubt it'll flop. I guess the question is: will it sell well enough to convince capcom to develop a sequal?

Already preordered.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

Around the Network

DO WANT.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

godf said:
Considering how little it cost them to port it, it will surely prove profitable.

There is a lack of titles like this on the wii... I doubt it'll flop. I guess the question is: will it sell well enough to convince capcom to develop a sequal?

Well, Ready at Dawn still spend about a year remaking the game, but Capcom said the'd be happy if it sold the same as the PS2 version, which sold 270.000 copies.

I think for a sequel it will have to sell about a million, considering the cost of such an epic game.

I see 500-750 k very well happening, considering Nintendo platforms are a better platform for adventure/Zeldaesque games than PS. (I remember reading somewhere that Beyond Good & Evil sold best on Gamecube).

And yeah, I'll definitely buy it.

I was fully planning on purchasing this gamefor the Wii....... but while purchasing another game off Ebay I noticed the same seller had Okami for sale for the PS2 and it was still sealed. And it was 20 minutes from end of auction. And it was only $15 dollars. And the shipping was only $1 since I had purchased another item already. Anyway I should be getting my PS2 copy in the next few days. I really have high hopes for this game and hope it performs well on the Wii.

I never played Okami on PS2 as I sold it just a year before, it's certain that I'll get it for my Wii. Don't worry, I'm sure this game will at least reach 400k surpassing PS2 version and making Capcom pretty happy.

And for the record, Zack & Wiki sold pretty well for such a niche title ( and is still selling ). I can bet some serious money that if it was released on PS3 / Xbox360 or even PS2 it wouldn't have reached even 200k.

BengaBenga said:
godf said:

Well, Ready at Dawn still spend about a year remaking the game, but Capcom said the'd be happy if it sold the same as the PS2 version, which sold 270.000 copies.

I think for a sequel it will have to sell about a million, considering the cost of such an epic game.

I see 500-750 k very well happening, considering Nintendo platforms are a better platform for adventure/Zeldaesque games than PS. (I remember reading somewhere that Beyond Good & Evil sold best on Gamecube).

And yeah, I'll definitely buy it.

I doubt beyond good and evil did best on the gamecube, it was released over a month later in the states, don't know about the rest of the world but I'm sure its similar, coupled with the larger ps2 installed base their is no way it didn't do the best on ps2

on topic, I have ever intention of picking up Okami on the wii, I was going to pick it up for the ps2 until the wii release was announced, the increased ease of use for the celestial paint brush coupled with supporting games like okami on the ps2 is a moot point now, but on the wii it could make a difference were the deciding factors in getting the game 

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!