By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2016: New England Patriots Win Super Bowl LI

Who will win Super Bowl LI?

New England Patriots 51 47.66%

Kansas City Chiefs 3 2.80%

Pittsburgh Steelers 6 5.61%

Other (AFC) 3 2.80%

Dallas Cowboys 10 9.35%

Atlanta Falcons 15 14.02%

Seattle Seahawks 5 4.67%

Green Bay Packers 5 4.67%

Other (NFC) 4 3.74%

Scoreboard 5 4.67%

Total:107
Angelus said:
RolStoppable said:

Silly Angelus. It's not just about the result, but how they accomplished it.

No, it's about the comedic genius of calling a team Super Bowl contenders, and starting the next sentence with "they beat the Browns."

Don't make fun of Rol too much. He is an Elise fan, after all. He probably doesn't know any better.

Around the Network
MTZehvor said:
Angelus said:

No, it's about the comedic genius of calling a team Super Bowl contenders, and starting the next sentence with "they beat the Browns."

Don't make fun of Rol too much. He is an Elise fan, after all. He probably doesn't know any better.

Okok, kid gloves from here on out, I promise

Bracket Predictions

Bracket Prediction #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East NE BUFF MIA NYJ
AFC North CIN PIT BAL CLE
AFC South IND HOU TENN JACK
AFC West DEN SD OAK KC
NFC East NYG DAL PHIL WASH
NFC North GB MIN CHI DET
NFC South CAR ATL NO TB
NFC West SEA ARZ SF LA
#1 Draft Pick CLE - - -
AFC Playoff Teams 1-4 NE CIN DEN IND
AFC Playoff Teams 5-6 PIT SD - -
NFC Playoff Teams 1-4 CAR SEA GB
NYG
NFC Playoff Teams 5-6 AZ MIN - -
AFC Divisional Playoffs NE CIN DEN PIT
NFC Divisional Playoffs CAR SEA GB AZ
AFC Championship Game NE CIN - -
NFC Championship Game CAR SEA - -
Super Bowl LI NE CAR - -
Super Bowl Winner NE - - -

I believe it is correct.  Let me know if I fucked up.

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:
Ugh I'm not looking forward to this season. BEARS are going to suck balls again. Ah well, will be some good games though.

As long as they have the dignity to do what they are supposed to (lose both games against Green Bay, they failed at that last year), it will be fine.

Are you going to stay out of the prediction league for another year, Mr. I Am Always Right?

Unfortunately I can't participate and beat you like the other times. 

BEARS will have to beat Packers at least once. Rivalry is too great.

Was just thinking of this earlier today. Count me in if there's still room.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

You do realize that "the other times" is plural, right?

Pretty sure I've done this a few times and I only remember finishing lower than you once. Then again maybe I only did this twice... you still have the data?

You know what... why don't you pencil me in. I bet I can fit it into my week.

RolStoppable said:
Bracket Prediction #1 #2 #3 #4
AFC East NE NYJ MAI BUFF
AFC North PITT CIN BAL CLE
AFC South HOU JAX IND TEN
AFC West KC DEN OAK SD
NFC East WAS DAL NYG PHI
NFC North GB MIN DET CHI
NFC South CAR ATL TB NO
NFC West AZ SEA LA SF
#1 Draft Pick CLE - - -
AFC Playoff Teams 1-4 NE KC PITT HOU
AFC Playoff Teams 5-6 DEN CIN - -
NFC Playoff Teams 1-4 AZ GB CAR WAS
NFC Playoff Teams 5-6 SEA MIN - -
AFC Divisional Playoffs NE KC PITT DEN
NFC Divisional Playoffs AZ GB CAR SEA
AFC Championship Game NE KC - -
NFC Championship Game AZ CAR - -
Super Bowl 51 AZ KC - -
Super Bowl Winner AZ - - -

This is an intersting addition since I last played. 

Going to be some beasts in AZ. I almost put CHI as draft pick... but I do think they'll be above dead last.

RolStoppable said:
superchunk said:

Pretty sure I've done this a few times and I only remember finishing lower than you once. Then again maybe I only did this twice... you still have the data?

You know what... why don't you pencil me in. I bet I can fit it into my week.

You've participated in 2012 and 2013. Yes, you finished lower then me only once, but you finished higher than me only once as well.

Welcome on board.

Didn't you have a smaller one in 2011 that only existed in the forums; i.e. no google docs data... 

RolStoppable said:

Yes, but that one doesn't really qualify as a prediction league. It started midseason and the people who ended up making predictions had different amounts of weeks they participated in. You are probably thinking of the table where I compiled the winning percentage for the games that people did make picks for. However, in a proper prediction league a no-pick counts in the loss column, because otherwise people could voluntarily opt out of making picks for toss-ups and only predict the easy games.

Due to the lack of rules being established in 2011, the table adjusted for winning percentages was the only way to make any sort of worthwhile comparison between all of the people who made picks. That, however, favored people who had missed out on difficult weeks for predictions. I remember the whole thing started because of a kind of bet where I and amp316 made proper picks and somebody else tossed a coin for all games; the coin toss record ended up being the best because it was one of those NFL weeks with a bunch of upsets.

Long story short, 2011's "prediction league" cannot be counted as such because participation of the various VGC users was all over the place.

Ah that's right it was no where near as buttoned up. 

Do you still have the links to them all?

RolStoppable said:

Yes, and as long as Google doesn't clean up my cloud storage, I am going to have them.

Do you want see specific ones? I could provide the links for you, or you could find them by yourself by using a Google search:

gamrconnect the nfl thread *insert year from 2012-2015*

The links to the spreadsheets are always at the top of the original posts of the NFL threads.

Can't find 2013... maybe you didn't name it the same?

Found it.

2012 - 3rd place
2013 - 5th place (just behind you barely... lol)

2014 and 2015 I skipped due to changing jobs and too busy

2016... we'll see. :)

I see you did very well in 2014 too.